Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
First night with new machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: First night with new machine (/Thread-First-night-with-new-machine)

First night with new machine - FrankNichols - 04-06-2016

My first night with the new machine was not too bad, however it has motivated me to patent a FFM add-on. A little back scratcher about an inch long and an 1/8 inch wide that can be mounted in a sealed hole with the scratching end inside the mask next to the nose. Then you can just reach up and wiggle it in your sleep and scratch you nose.

I had to scratch a few times last night and it does no good to scratch the mask...

RE: First night with new machine - green wings - 04-06-2016

Glad you got your new machine.

Ha, I do the same thing with my nasal mask. It's an automatic gesture, then my fingertips are surprised to find the mask there. I usually tell myself "the itch will go away" and it usually does in just a very few seconds.

RE: First night with new machine - FrankNichols - 04-06-2016

(04-06-2016, 09:46 AM)green wings Wrote: Glad you got your new machine.

Ha, I do the same thing with my nasal mask. It's an automatic gesture, then my fingertips are surprised to find the mask there. I usually tell myself "the itch will go away" and it usually does in just a very few seconds.

Yup, that is what I did. Maybe we need another line on Sleepyhead. We have OA and CA, maybe we need an IE (Itch Event) that results in us waking up!

RE: First night with new machine - PoolQ - 04-06-2016

If you are quick you can pull the mask forward, scratch and drop the mask back before the machine records a leak, or much of one.

(04-06-2016, 11:33 AM)PoolQ Wrote: If you are quick you can pull the mask forward, scratch and drop the mask back before the machine records a leak, or much of one.

I got caught 6 times last night - Smile

So, I have a $900 itch monitor!

(I expect in a week or so I will learn to not do that)

RE: First night with new machine - 0rangebear - 04-06-2016

Glad to see you keeping a good attitude and an a sense of humor.
Laugh-a-lotlikeDielaughingCoffee

If I ignore a period of about 30 minutes around 12:30, my AHI would be around 1.2, however, during that 30 minutes or so I had about 25 OA events - almost 1 per minute. DOn't know what is up with that. I am still trying to figure out what all the wiggles mean.

RE: First night with new machine - palerider - 04-06-2016

I found, with a full face mask, that the air blowing in the mask would blow my nose hair around, and trimming it would, 100% of the time, keep my nose from itching.

I'm not even talking 'unsightly' nose hair, or anything, but trimming fixed the itching.

it makes sense, something catches in there, your nose says "itch! scratch" and you get rid of whatever is bothering it... only, in this case, it's air.

(04-06-2016, 12:36 PM)palerider Wrote: I found, with a full face mask, that the air blowing in the mask would blow my nose hair around, and trimming it would, 100% of the time, keep my nose from itching.

I'm not even talking 'unsightly' nose hair, or anything, but trimming fixed the itching.

it makes sense, something catches in there, your nose says "itch! scratch" and you get rid of whatever is bothering it... only, in this case, it's air.

That is a great suggestion, thank you. I will do that tonight.

RE: First night with new machine - trish6hundred - 04-06-2016

Hi FrankNichols,
It’s great to hear that you finally got your machine.
I know what you mean about an itchy nose. I used to have that problem some with nasal masks but it seems like it is worse since I started using the FFM, but I get along with it well enough that I’ll stay with it.