Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow (/Thread-How-often-replace-AirFit-P10-nasal-pillow)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - hmucha - 04-10-2016

I use AirFit P10 nasal pillow XS. Insurance covers replacing every 2 weeks. But I find that after ~10 days, I have trouble. I have to readjust them to get a good fit; whereas a new nasal pillow won't require any adjustment. Seems like the parts inside my nostrils -- the soft white parts -- get looser over time.

I wipe them (mostly the part inside my nostril) with a CPAP wipe every morning. I wonder if they would last longer if I cleaned them differently.

RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - OpalRose - 04-10-2016

Mine seem to get soft after about two weeks of use. That's when I notice they won't stay put and I don't have the patience to be playing around with that when I'm trying to sleep.

I know that some here use them a lot longer.

I wash them every morning with dawn dish Soap and let air dry.

RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - palerider - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 04:37 PM)hmucha Wrote: I use AirFit P10 nasal pillow XS. Insurance covers replacing every 2 weeks. But I find that after ~10 days, I have trouble. I have to readjust them to get a good fit; whereas a new nasal pillow won't require any adjustment. Seems like the parts inside my nostrils -- the soft white parts -- get looser over time.

I wipe them (mostly the part inside my nostril) with a CPAP wipe every morning. I wonder if they would last longer if I cleaned them differently.

I'm a little over a year and a half on my first set of pillows.

I'm just waiting till they don't work anymore.

I clean them with a tissue and some hand sanitizer most days, and wash 'em now and then.

make sure you're not pushing the inner cone in during your cleaning.

RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - TonyJ - 04-10-2016

I am a relatively new P10 user of 3 months and still on my first set. Zero leaks and still fit like a charm. Cleaned every day with a baby wipe and washed with baby shampoo and water once a week. Bottom line is you change them whenever they need replacing and that would be when they start leaking more then normal . I have never had a mask that comes anywhere near this one in leak performance. I see them lasting at least 6 months to a year hopefully and as palerider has shown much longer in many cases.

RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - palerider - 04-10-2016

the weakpoint in all my masks over the years has been the headgear... it loses it's tightness.

washing the p10 headgear in hot water, regularly, helps quite a bit.

RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - Protege - 04-10-2016

I was told to replace them every month, but I seem to be having trouble fitting my nose pillows after two weeks. I didn't know there were CPAP wipes; I'm looking into getting a new supplier for my equipment,due to insurance issues, so i may have to add that to the list.

RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - SaldusMiegas - 04-10-2016

hmucha, like some others I am on my first set of P10 going on six months. If I don't wipe them daily they get dirty and start to leak. You might try the next size larger if you are getting a lot of leaks after using them for 10 days. They aren't really supposed to get inserted into the nostril, just make a nice seal around the rim. Seems like a lot of others have had good luck in overcoming leaks and discomfort by trying a size larger.

Protege, if you are shopping around for a supplier as well as cpap wipes, check out Supplier #1... I bought the P10 and it came with free shipping, free return insurance, and they offered a container of 60 CPAP wipes for 1 cent. These normally go for about $12. But to be honest, I just ran out of them and chose to replace with baby wipes for a couple dollars versus reordering the CPAP wipes for twelve dollars. Baby wipes seem to work just as well, though they are much thicker and a little less convenient because of that.

Saldus Miegas

RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - hmucha - 04-11-2016

Thanks Saldeus. I will try size small.

I'm going to pay out of pocket. What website so you recommend? You mention "Supplier #1" - - what is that? I've used [direct DME commercial link removed - please refer to "Supplier #3 in the Supplier List"] in the past, but they take too long to ship.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - palerider - 04-11-2016

for anybody that has a problem with the p10 getting 'too soft' or something, be aware that there are TWO cones on each side, a soft floppy one on the outside to seal with, and a stiffer one on the inside.

it's easy to miss the inner cone, and if you poke it a bit too hard while you're wiping down the outer cone, you'll invert the inner cone, and then all you'll have is the floppy outer cone, which will be a lot harder to keep in place.

I told a friend about this, and she said "nah, you're crazy", then took the mask outside and looked under bright light... and she saw them. the mask manual, and the youtube video both mention this, as well as giving a squeeze on the narrow sides of the cone oval to get the inner cone to pop back into place if you've got it inverted.

RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow - hmucha - 04-11-2016

Thank you palerider!

The left cone was indeed inverted. That's the nostril that has been giving me trouble.