Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Baby hid my filter - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Baby hid my filter (/Thread-Baby-hid-my-filter)

Baby hid my filter - brehenys - 04-16-2016

Had an auto S9 since 2010 and got to stop therapy in 2013 after shedding 45kgs. Put 15kgs on in last year with a medical issue that made me lose my mojo. Anyway long story short been waking dizzy so dusted off my trusty CPAP and my curious 1 year old has posted the filter somewhere. It's Saturday night in Australia and I'm keen for some therapy tonight.

Does anyone know if I can use the S9 without a filter for a few nights? I also have a humidifier FYI

RE: Baby hid my filter - DeepBreathing - 04-16-2016

G'day brehenys, welcome to Apnea Board.

The filter is primarily to protect the machine, not yourself. If you have a relatively dust free environment then one or two nights without it shouldn't do too much harm. Don't put the machine on the floor, have it on your bedside table, and if necessary give that a thorough dusting before you set up the CPAP.

RE: Baby hid my filter - brehenys - 04-16-2016

Cheers Paul really appreciate the feedback.

RE: Baby hid my filter - trish6hundred - 04-16-2016

Hi brehenys,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you re-start your CPAP therapy.

RE: Baby hid my filter - DariaVader - 04-16-2016

you could probably cut something into filter size and use it - being careful of permeability and toxicity of course...

RE: Baby hid my filter - Crimson Nape - 04-16-2016

A piece of a gauze pad, either sterile or not, will make for a good filter.

RE: Baby hid my filter - archangle - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 04:39 AM)brehenys Wrote: Had an auto S9 since 2010 and got to stop therapy in 2013 after shedding 45kgs. Put 15kgs on in last year with a medical issue that made me lose my mojo. Anyway long story short been waking dizzy so dusted off my trusty CPAP and my curious 1 year old has posted the filter somewhere. It's Saturday night in Australia and I'm keen for some therapy tonight.

Does anyone know if I can use the S9 without a filter for a few nights? I also have a humidifier FYI

Yes, use it without a filter for a few nights, no problem, no precautions needed. Most of us who have used Philips Respironics PRS1 machines have had the filter pop out and ended up using it for a few days, weeks, or months with no obvious problems.

However, I will say to never deliberately remove the filter and use it for a long time. It will eventually suck in enough dust to be a problem.

It might be a good idea to take the water tank out, then move the machine and dust and clean thoroughly around where the machine sits. Probably a good thing for all of us to do occasionally.

Make sure baby can't get to the machine and mess it up again. Could be disastrous, especially if baby knocks it off the table or turns it over and spills the humidifier water into the machine.