Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Back to F10 - can't stop breathing - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Back to F10 - can't stop breathing (/Thread-Back-to-F10-can-t-stop-breathing)

Back to F10 - can't stop breathing - FrankNichols - 04-26-2016

through my mouth that is...

I started this journey with an F10 and an AHI of 15 to 30. After two weeks I had gotten the AHI down to 6.5 to 8.5. Not great, but in the right direction.

So, having read how happy everyone (most) are with P10, I decided to try one. I spent almost two weeks with it now. I had to buy a chin strap to try to keep my mouth closed, and after a few days with it I figured out how to keep it on most of the night. (I apparently have a very slippery head, both it and the P10 would keep slipping off as I flopped around)

So, last night was to be the big night. I very happy with the comfort of the P10, I was able to wear the chin strap all night, and the results of brief 1 to 2 hour test naps middle of the day. Woke up to a RED frown on my machine, putting on my glassed I could see it was Events - sigh...

AHI is back up to 18 a I seem to prefer my mouth open, even with the chin strap on very tight. So, back to F10 tonight and I will spend a couple more weeks trying to get it's AHI down to under 5.

[Image: pillowsfail.png]

RE: Back to F10 - can't stop breathing - AlanE - 04-26-2016

With CA like that I'm surprised they have you on straight CPAP. Was 11 your prescribed pressure?

RE: Back to F10 - can't stop breathing - richb - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 08:06 AM)AlanE Wrote: With CA like that I'm surprised they have you on straight CPAP. Was 11 your prescribed pressure?

I'm surprised you are not on an ASV machine.

Rich

RE: Back to F10 - can't stop breathing - DeepBreathing - 04-26-2016

The central apnea reading is very high, but the consistent large leaks all night could well be skewing the result. Have you experienced a high level of centrals previously?

RE: Back to F10 - can't stop breathing - FrankNichols - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 08:06 AM)AlanE Wrote: With CA like that I'm surprised they have you on straight CPAP. Was 11 your prescribed pressure?

I was prescribed at 10 CPAP. My CA's go down with the OA's. At AHI 6.5 my CA's were 3.5.

The sleepy doc discussed the CA's, and warned against using APAP at least until we saw how thew CPAP was going to work out. He wants to see if the CPAP can get the AHI under control, and if so, go with that, if not, then he is pretty sure there will be not issue moving up to a ASV.

I am not convinced the CA's are real. But what do I know, this is all new to me!

RE: Back to F10 - can't stop breathing - OpalRose - 04-26-2016

First you have to get leaks under control. I know from your posts you have been working on that, but have you tried a soft cervical collar to use with the P10?

RE: Back to F10 - can't stop breathing - FrankNichols - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 08:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: First you have to get leaks under control. I know from your posts you have been working on that, but have you tried a soft cervical collar to use with the P10?

Hmm, no I haven't. That's an interesting idea. My problem with the P10 is mouth breathing, maybe that would help. I will pick one up today and get it a few days trail to see what happens before going back to the F10.

Thanks for the great idea!

RE: Back to F10 - can't stop breathing - OpalRose - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 09:17 AM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 08:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: First you have to get leaks under control. I know from your posts you have been working on that, but have you tried a soft cervical collar to use with the P10?

Hmm, no I haven't. That's an interesting idea. My problem with the P10 is mouth breathing, maybe that would help. I will pick one up today and get it a few days trail to see what happens before going back to the F10.

Thanks for the great idea!

Make sure you measure your neck before ordering.
Amazon has several cheap "soft" foam like collars, with many size options.
I have one, not for mouth breathing, but because I tend to tuck my chin down to my chest when sleeping and that stops me from doing that.