Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Finished Compliance Phase! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Finished Compliance Phase! (/Thread-Finished-Compliance-Phase)

Finished Compliance Phase! - allynpsych - 05-12-2016

I got an automated call yesterday from the DME stating that I'd completed my "obligation" or "commitment" or some such wording. I believe that means I've met the compliance requirements, the Insurance company will pay for the machine and They'll stop bugging me as I try to fix the mouth leak issues.

I still need to convince the DME to trade in my now used CPAP brick for a data capable one if not an Autoset one, but I"m happy. I've slept with the mask on for 4 - 7 hours a night over the last 3 weeks. Over the last week my leaks have been below the 24L/min and my AHI is never over 3 and is frequently near 1. So that means I'm "doing well", right?

RE: Finished Compliance Phase! - FrankNichols - 05-12-2016

The easiest way to get a data capable machine will be to ask your GP or Sleep Doctor to change the Rx to specify the model your want.

RE: Finished Compliance Phase! - 0rangebear - 05-12-2016

absolutely positively stupendous
<5 is good <3 is great 1 is Magnificent

You should get to 7 hours every night soon

How do you feel?

BananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBanana

RE: Finished Compliance Phase! - PoolQ - 05-12-2016

Great news!!!

RE: Finished Compliance Phase! - trish6hundred - 05-12-2016

Hi allynpsych,
CONGRATULATIONS,! you are doing great, keep up the good work.

RE: Finished Compliance Phase! - MitchS - 05-12-2016

Congratulations on reaching your milestone.

RE: Finished Compliance Phase! - allynpsych - 05-13-2016

(05-12-2016, 03:30 PM)0rangebear Wrote: absolutely positively stupendous
<5 is good <3 is great 1 is Magnificent

You should get to 7 hours every night soon

How do you feel?

BananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBanana

That's a difficult question... I don't feel headachy or exhausted in the morning, but the past week it's been REALLY hard to get up and I've pushed the snooze button for half an hour most mornings! That could be due to just getting to bed late or getting up too early (final grades time of the year for College Profs = too much to do and too few hours to do it in), but most of the time my reluctance isn't due to needing more sleep so much as feeling so supremely comfortable! I've had more energy during the first half of the day but still start to run out by 1 or 2pm and I am usually nodding off reading my daughter her bedtime story between 8:30 and 9 and ready for bed by 10... (but I've never been a night person).

I'm not opening mouth any more -Yay!-, but air is still escaping through lips when I am in deep stages of sleep (we think) which I think is disrupting the effectiveness of the therapy and maybe is giving me inaccurate AHI readings.

So it's still so-so, except I only have morning head aches now on mornings where I take my mask off early in the morning and fall bask asleep. So that's good! And I don't resent the machine now either.

RE: Finished Compliance Phase! - robertbuckley - 05-13-2016

Chin strap and/or Full face mask for the mouth leaks.