Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Dream station DSX500 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Dream station DSX500 (/Thread-Equipment-Dream-station-DSX500)

Dream station DSX500 - berge - 05-14-2016

How do you control the brightness of the screen at night?

RE: Dream station DSX500 - pholynyk - 05-14-2016

I found a product called Light Dims (regular strength) on the great river in the cloud which I used to cover the overly bright LEDS on practically everything I have in my bedroom/study. As well as all the dots you could ever want, the package I got has two pieces about 1" by 2.25" which might cover the Dreamstation display.

RE: Dream station DSX500 - berge - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 10:11 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I found a product called Light Dims (regular strength) on the great river in the cloud which I used to cover the overly bright LEDS on practically everything I have in my bedroom/study. As well as all the dots you could ever want, the package I got has two pieces about 1" by 2.25" which might cover the Dreamstation display.

looking for a command in the software on the machine that will control the light intensity rather than adding a aftermarket device.
thanks,

RE: Dream station DSX500 - palerider - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 10:11 AM)pholynyk Wrote: I found a product called Light Dims (regular strength) on the great river in the cloud which I used to cover the overly bright LEDS on practically everything I have in my bedroom/study. As well as all the dots you could ever want, the package I got has two pieces about 1" by 2.25" which might cover the Dreamstation display.

+1 lightdims are great!
(05-14-2016, 01:45 PM)berge Wrote:

looking for a command in the software on the machine that will control the light intensity rather than adding a aftermarket device.
thanks,

good luck with that, let us know if you find it Wink

RE: Dream station DSX500 - berge - 05-14-2016

(05-14-2016, 01:55 PM)palerider Wrote:

+1 lightdims are great!

thanks,

good luck with that, let us know if you find it Wink

no luck in the machine clinical mode. lightdims is probably the answer. for now just repositioning the face of the unit.

RE: Dream station DSX500 - trish6hundred - 05-14-2016

Hi berge,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Dream station DSX500 - Ericl - 01-24-2017

LightDims made the job! 

Thanks

RE: Dream station DSX500 - C0mbe - 01-24-2017

thanks,

Unfortunately, I don't think there is one.  This has been a pretty common complaint with the dreamstation.

RE: Dream station DSX500 - Galactus - 01-24-2017

Light dims, very interesting, had never seen them, cool idea. Might have to get some and check that out I have some annoying lights.