Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
MyAir Data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: MyAir Data (/Thread-MyAir-Data)

Pages: 1 2 3

MyAir Data - Sleepster - 05-15-2016

How do I use MyAir to view my data?

RE: MyAir Data - Needing My Sleep - 05-15-2016

I created an account at myAir.com and signed in. You can check your very basic stats and you get points/badges for certain 'milestones'. There isn't an app for myAir so I just created a link to the website on my Galaxy S7 to view info there. It takes a little while after you turn off your device for it to appear for review. You'll need the info on the machine so they can attach to your device. It's pretty straightforward. Smile

RE: MyAir Data - Sleepster - 05-15-2016

Ok. I guess I just have to wait, then. I put my serial number in two days ago and have received emails from them.

RE: MyAir Data - rem52 - 05-15-2016

You won't get data until the first day of use AFTER you create your account. So if you got the machine Friday and used it that night then created your MyAir account on Saturday, you will not get the Friday night data from MyAir. The first data available will be the Saturday night data on Sunday morning about 1.5 hours after you quit using the machine.
Make sure you put in the correct serial number, make sure you do not have the machine in airplane mode, and make sure you have a cell signal indication in the upper right corner of your machine display. No bars means your machine cannot send its report and you may need to move your machine.
If you select the My Options list by pressing the knob on your machine and then turn the knob to scroll your display to the About section; at the bottom of the about section you should see the cell connection signal strength, -100dbm is pretty low, -70dbm is better.

RE: MyAir Data - Sleepster - 05-15-2016

Thanks. I now see three to five bars in the cell signal indicator (up until now all I ever recall having seen there was an asterisk). I verified that I have the right serial number in my profile. Cell connection strength is -79 to -85 dBm.

In the other thread you mentioned the attaboy email. I received one email as part of the registration process, and then a promotional email shortly afterward. But I've never gotten any emails verifying receipt of a data transmission. When I visit the website I see no way to check my data.

RE: MyAir Data - rem52 - 05-16-2016

If all you saw was an asterisk I don't think your data was getting through. 3-5 bars is good.
Did you move the machine or change something else that might affect the cell signal?
Another thread reported they were on a cruise and had no connection for several days
but then all their data was sent at once when they got a connection.
You might start seeing your data now that you have a good connection.

RE: MyAir Data - Sleepster - 05-17-2016

(05-16-2016, 08:03 PM)rem52 Wrote: If all you saw was an asterisk I don't think your data was getting through. 3-5 bars is good. Did you move the machine or change something else that might affect the cell signal?

I'm not sure what I saw. The blinking asterisk is, I think, a snowflake indicating that the machine is in it's "cool down" phase. (Cool down occurs after shutting the machine off -- it's a very slow flow of air that cools off the humidifier water, I guess.)

Quote:You might start seeing your data now that you have a good connection.

No, not yet. But I finally was able to communicate the problem to ResMed support. What a hassle it is getting through to them and navigating their overly-crowded web site and confusing phone menu.

Problems with myAir have to be communicated via email by filling out their online form. The only problem is finding that form.

RE: MyAir Data - rem52 - 05-17-2016

Oops - my bad - now I remember the 'snowflake' - yes that is the cooling down symbol. The cell bars should be to the right of that.

Good luck working with ResMed - maybe you can get your DME to help (insert maniacal laugh here) - sorry DMEs are not well regarded around here.

RE: MyAir Data - Sleepster - 05-17-2016

Do you get an email confirming receipt of your data (each day) or do you have to go to the website to check?

RE: MyAir Data - sonicboom - 05-17-2016

You need to go the web site daily. Occasionally MyAir sends you a congratulatory e-mail for earning a gold badge for using your cpap a minimum of so many hours for 20 out of 30 days. With the data available on SH and ResScan MyAir is basically a cheerleading site to encourage compliance. It also has utility for those interested in only a minimal amount of data. I have little use for it.