Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
wet hose? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: wet hose? (/Thread-wet-hose)

Pages: 1 2

wet hose? - monikah123 - 05-19-2016

I washed my hose yesterday, but 100s of little water droplets are clinging to the inside of it. The manual says not to use again until it's bone dry. It wasn't even close to being dry last night so I slept without my CPAP and now I have a headache. Unsure I don't want to damage my machine.

What does everybody do about that? Is there some way to dry the hose out? TIA.

RE: wet hose? - OpalRose - 05-19-2016

When insurance allows, get a second hose. This way you can switch out while the other is drying.

With that said, once you wash hose, shake it out as best you can, and hang to dry. It will never completely dry on the inside in one day, but you can hook it up to your Cpap and run for a few minutes and that will dry up some of the water droplets.

RE: wet hose? - surferdude2 - 05-19-2016

I dry my hose using the cool down feature of the Resmed S9. Your machine may have that also. Hook your wet hose back on to the machine. Then make sure you have the humidifier turned on, no need to have water in it, just have it turned on. Then press the button to start the machine like you do when you're ready to use it. Then turn it right back off. It will go into the cool down mode and blow air through the hose for several minutes. That's usually enough to dry it out but you can repeat the process if need be.

Dude

RE: wet hose? - PoolQ - 05-19-2016

shake most out and then I just hook it up, I have a humidity tank anyway so it is going to get moist as soon as I turn on my machine.

RE: wet hose? - Mosquitobait - 05-19-2016

If it's drinkable water, it's a nonproblem. Just use the mask test feature to dry it out a bit more if you wish to and then use it.

RE: wet hose? - monikah123 - 05-19-2016

OK, thanks for the replies!

RE: wet hose? - rem52 - 05-20-2016

The A10 has a warm up mode that will clear the hose for you.
Put water in the humidifier and select warm up from the screen.
It will gently blow air through the hose for up to 30 minutes.
That will dry the hose out even though its humid air.

RE: wet hose? - palerider - 05-20-2016

(05-20-2016, 08:15 AM)rem52 Wrote: The A10 has a warm up mode that will clear the hose for you.
Put water in the humidifier and select warm up from the screen.
It will gently blow air through the hose for up to 30 minutes.
That will dry the hose out even though its humid air.

I was under the impression that the fan only ran during cooldown mode, (and operation, of course)

RE: wet hose? - surferdude2 - 05-20-2016

It runs on my S9 in either mode, warmup or cool down.

Dude

RE: wet hose? - forrestc - 05-20-2016

Considering I've had in-hose rainout on my Airsense 10, caused by the humidifier, it isn't going to be a problem. It actually filled the hose with water. (Hint: Humidity at 9 with cold room and hose temp set too low is not a good thing).

The hose is essentially connected directly to the humidity chamber so any water draining back into the machine will drain into the humidifier.