Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
2 months and finally a couple nights below 5 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 2 months and finally a couple nights below 5 (/Thread-2-months-and-finally-a-couple-nights-below-5)

Pages: 1 2

2 months and finally a couple nights below 5 - FrankNichols - 05-27-2016

I started this on March 5th and have had lots of fun fighting with leaks, mouth breathing and all the other things you all know so well. And in all that I faced a display with number for AHI hovering around 8 to 15 every morning. Not so pretty good way to start a day, every day.

Well, I have finally broken through the barrier (I hope) and have had 3 of the last 4 days below 5 - two 2's and a 3.

Dancing

RE: 2 months and finally a couple nights below 5 - 0rangebear - 05-27-2016

Well-doneCongratslikeBananaBananaBananaBananaBananalikeCongratsWell-done
I knew you could do it ! Never give up, never surrender.

(05-27-2016, 05:31 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: Well, I have finally broken through the barrier (I hope) and have had 3 of the last 4 days below 5 - two 2's and a 3.

Dancing

RE: 2 months and finally a couple nights below 5 - FrankNichols - 05-27-2016

(05-27-2016, 08:15 AM)0rangebear Wrote: Well-doneCongratslikeBananaBananaBananaBananaBananalikeCongratsWell-done
I knew you could do it ! Never give up, never surrender.

(05-27-2016, 05:31 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: Well, I have finally broken through the barrier (I hope) and have had 3 of the last 4 days below 5 - two 2's and a 3.

Dancing

Thanks!

RE: 2 months and finally a couple nights below 5 - OpalRose - 05-27-2016

Great news! Frank, I admire your perserverance! Well-done

(05-27-2016, 08:23 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Great news! Frank, I admire your perserverance! Well-done

Thank you!

RE: 2 months and finally a couple nights below 5 - green wings - 05-27-2016

Terrific news, Frank. like

Good job on being patient.

Do you feel different when the AHI is under 5? (For that matter, do you feel any different or better since you've started using xPAP?)

(05-27-2016, 10:20 AM)green wings Wrote: Terrific news, Frank. like

Good job on being patient.

Do you feel different when the AHI is under 5? (For that matter, do you feel any different or better since you've started using xPAP?)

I feel a little better, more "motivated" to get things done. However, in my case the result has been mostly getting less sleep - duration. Where I was sleeping 9 or 10 hours a night before (just not well) I am sleeping 5 or 6 hours per night now, and feeling more like getting up when I wake, where before when I woke I mostly want to go back to sleep.

I hope that once my body has becomes acclimated to the better quality sleep (less interruptions) It will settle down and let me get more sleep (8 hours or so) and I expect that to be another big step to feeling better. But, I have no idea when/if that will happen.

Just gonna keep plugging along. My next "goal" is to figure out how to solve using my P10 and keeping my mouth closed. There has to be a way to train myself to do that.

RE: 2 months and finally a couple nights below 5 - MitchS - 05-27-2016

Great news, Frank. It's good to see your persistence and hard work paying off.

(05-27-2016, 11:48 AM)pupcamper Wrote: Great news, Frank. It's good to see your persistence and hard work paying off.

Thank you, and I want to take this opportunity to thank all the little people that made this moment possible ...

RE: 2 months and finally a couple nights below 5 - PoolQ - 05-27-2016

ROFL you must be getting better sleep, you are joking around again! Good on you!