Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Help on stats: what's wrong? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Help on stats: what's wrong? (/Thread-Help-on-stats-what-s-wrong)

Pages: 1 2

Help on stats: what's wrong? - Visitor - 06-05-2016

Hi,

I am struggling with the treatment. Yesterday I was very sleepy and had a bad night. This morning I woke feeling like I was "suffocating" (bit dramatic as an expressing, but I woke feeling like I struggled for air).

I'm including the stats here. Hope some of you more experienced wizards can focus my attention on what could be wrong.

One night ago:

[Image: QELAjqG.png]

[Image: 6FT45Wo.png]

[Image: ZWquEda.png]

[Image: TFAQSyn.png]

[Image: KQVS1oE.png]

Last night (I woke up feeling like I had been struggling for air, so the last part might be relevant)

[Image: IgnjWgd.png]

[Image: Qs3oX7T.png]

[Image: 9ezWAmI.png]

[Image: sWDmDQB.png]

[Image: 6IDB19W.png]

RE: Help on stats: what's wrong? - justMongo - 06-05-2016

I'm not seeing anything wrong; nor any reason for you to have a "bad Night."

RE: Help on stats: what's wrong? - richb - 06-05-2016

I as well don't see anything that would cause a bad night in your posted stats. You have a few Hypos and Centrals that seem to be related to increases in pressure but they are few and far between. Another thing to look at is whether the night you posted is much different from other nights graph wise.

Rich

RE: Help on stats: what's wrong? - PoolQ - 06-05-2016

to me it seems that if something is wrong, it is very technical and there are those here that can address that, just not me.
It does look like you are spending a lot of time very near your max of 12, snoring going on and that could be disruptive. I would consider raising your upper pressure and see if you can knock out the snores without introducing any centrals. You numbers of course are fine.

It could be one of several things:
1. technical as above, others will comment
2. a comfort setting is making you uncomfortable: EPR, humidity, temperature-you may need BiLevel AirCurve VAuto
3. any reason you might have COPD? Getting treated for COPD solved a lot of my CPAP problems.

"struggling with the treatment" just means you are not the "default" user

RE: Help on stats: what's wrong? - green wings - 06-05-2016

What is your EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief) setting? I am not very familiar with ResMed machines; I couldn't figure out what your EPR was from your attachments.

RE: Help on stats: what's wrong? - OpalRose - 06-05-2016

It doesn't appear that he is using EPR, or it would show under the stats on the left under EPAP readings. EPAP appears the same as IPAP pressure.

RE: Help on stats: what's wrong? - PaytonA - 06-05-2016

I do not know a lot about nasal pillows masks. I am trying out the Pilairo. What I have found is if I do not get the mask aligned just right, it makes it difficult for me to breathe. Is it possible that some movement during the night knocked your pillows out of alignment causing the breathing difficulty?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: Help on stats: what's wrong? - MitchS - 06-05-2016

(06-05-2016, 11:48 AM)PaytonA Wrote: I do not know a lot about nasal pillows masks. I am trying out the Pilairo. What I have found is if I do not get the mask aligned just right, it makes it difficult for me to breathe. Is it possible that some movement during the night knocked your pillows out of alignment causing the breathing difficulty?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I've had the same experience Payton is having with his Pilairo when I'm using my AirFit P10.

RE: Help on stats: what's wrong? - justMongo - 06-05-2016

(06-05-2016, 11:27 AM)green wings Wrote: What is your EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief) setting? I am not very familiar with ResMed machines; I couldn't figure out what your EPR was from your attachments.

The machine settings were cut off the image (cropped). (See bottom left of image.) To me, looking at the high sample rate pressure data, it appears that EPR may be enabled; but I cannot be 100% certain.

Permit me to add a comment on pressure. There is some flow limitation and snore. A bump up in min pressure might reduce that. The machine is also running out of headroom at the top of the pressure range (limited by max pressure.) Still, with the event rates, I don't see good reason to move the pressures.

And, the OP is presenting data from 2 days approximately 7 weeks apart. Although a little different -- there is no remarkable difference.

RE: Help on stats: what's wrong? - Crimson Nape - 06-05-2016

Are you having dreams? Looking at your breathing patterns, it doesn't look like you're getting into a deeper sleep.