Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs (/Thread-POLL-CPAP-vs-all-other-PAPs)

Pages: 1 2

POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - OMyMyOHellYes - 06-15-2016

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWER AS A PART OF THE TREAD - PLEASE VOTE THE POLL QUESTION so your response will be tallied.

RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - IDRIck - 06-15-2016

I have an apap that I use in cpap mode. Which should I check?

RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - OMyMyOHellYes - 06-18-2016

Three days in and CPAP/APAP seem to be doing it for about 76% of folks out there.

OMMOHY

RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - justMongo - 06-18-2016

The poll is biased by an informed sample base.
What if the pole were taken in the Sears parking lot?

RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - eseedhouse - 06-18-2016

(06-18-2016, 06:46 PM)justMongo Wrote: The poll is biased by an informed sample base.

Polls on forums like this are really only for fun. Not only is the population biased but also the sample isn't random.

When did you kidnap that Pole?

RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - justMongo - 06-18-2016

When I saw him eating a Polish sausage in the Sears parking lot... Unsure

RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - OMyMyOHellYes - 06-18-2016

(06-18-2016, 06:46 PM)justMongo Wrote: The poll is biased by an informed sample base.

Oh I understand that we gathered here are not a normal population.

I would actually suspect that the percentage of VPAP and BiPAP folks here are probably higher than most in the general population of CPAP users. Ours is a group of curious folk that want to know more than having a doctor tell them they need it and then having a therapist "mask on, push big button". And we all know that many many therapists will push off the cheapest, lowest end stuff they can get away with.

I think the "Mask on, push big button" crowd probably describes the overwhelming percentage of users. And as they are not likely to ask questions, they simply do what they are told and suffer on in silence, thinking the BigMed establishment has their best interests in heart, or just shelve their units. They would never move up to BiPAP or VPAP.

OMMOHY

RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - SuperSleeper - 06-19-2016

(06-18-2016, 09:58 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I think the "Mask on, push big button" crowd probably describes the overwhelming percentage of users.

In ham radio, we called these people "appliance operators": those who simply wanted to talk on the radio and had little interest in the technical aspects of ham radio. I do believe that the vast, vast majority of CPAP users are appliance operators too. Smile

RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - OMyMyOHellYes - 06-19-2016

"Appliance operators" - just like folks that buy a car and all they know is "key there, gas here, go pedal, stop pedal, turn thing. Not drivers - automobile operators.

I know this statement makes no sense, but maybe we're the odd ones. We started talking about battery backups and the next thing you know, somebody in the group has reverse engineered, peer reviewed and built a dang prototype of a manufacturer's power supply ......

OMMOHY

RE: POLL - CPAP vs. all other PAPs - chill - 06-19-2016

The geek quotient on this board is pleasingly high. Grin