Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation (/Thread-Dreamstaton-meet-floor-Floor-this-is-Dreamstation)

Pages: 1 2

Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - mattmill - 06-21-2016

So after 7 weeks I have pulled my Dreamstation off the nightstand and onto the floor. Doesn't appear to be any damage other than I was wide awake at 5:30am today. I cannot put the unit on the floor due to dog hair no matter how often I sweep.

What are some ideas you all have used to keep that from happening?

I see use of a hose lift but that seems like it would be worse since you are losing a foot or two with the height. It's on the back of my nightstand now which is just below the mattress height. Any luck with the rug gripper pads? I really am worried that it'll happen again.

thanks

RE: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - chill - 06-21-2016

Is your nightstand that far from the bed? Mine is about 6" away and I have lots of hose with a hose lift. It has removed my fear of doing exactly what you did.

RE: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - mattmill - 06-21-2016

It's only about 6" also. I'll look at the hose lift.

RE: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - justMongo - 06-21-2016

Drive two 60 penny nails into the nightstand to capture the hose on each side.

RE: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - GrammaBear - 06-21-2016

I used rug gripper pads on my nightstand after I pulled my cpap machine off onto the floor to prevent that happening again. However, the gripper pads left 'rubber residue' on the surface of the nightstand, so I removed the pad.

RE: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - ger365 - 06-21-2016

Velcro...

RE: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - mattmill - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 03:20 PM)ger365 Wrote: Velcro...

Ooo, hadn't thought about velcro. Have to see if the "feet" are large enough to make that work.

RE: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - Mosquitobait - 06-21-2016

If your tabletop is not wood, you can use a combo of bungy cords and 3M hook strips (those things where you pull on the bottom and it lifts off). You can blend the cords in then while securing your unit. You can also move the unit elsewhere or onto another surface.

RE: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - Sleeprider - 06-21-2016

I like suspending my hose from the headboard using a lanyard. Also, my nightstand has a couple drawers, and I keep the unit inside the lower drawer with the hose coming through a 2" hole cut in the back. There is no way to drop the machine on the floor. This arrangement means no machine sitting on top of the furniture, and a very quiet and save environment...good luck.

RE: Dreamstaton, meet floor. Floor, this is Dreamstation - trish6hundred - 06-21-2016

Hi mattmill,
I use a hose lift and I haven't had any trouble,it works well for me.
Good luck to you.