Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users (/Thread-Question-for-ResMed-S9-Autoset-users)

Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users - LAGrandPA - 07-03-2016

I found a great price on a S9 Autoset but it does not include a humidifier. Can I just purchase a humidifier elsewhere and use it or is there something different with the machines with included humidifiers and those without. I have never owned a S9 so I'm clueless.

RE: Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users - justMongo - 07-03-2016

Supplier #2 on the list has the H5i humidifier for the S9 for $99.
Make sure you have a 90 Watt power supply;or, you'll have to buy a 90W. <--- this can be the "gotcha" as there are no differences in the blower unit.

You'll have to search their website -- I cannot post a link to their site (forum rules.)

RE: Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users - Mosquitobait - 07-03-2016

Just as Mongo says, the problem with buying new without the humidifier is that they don't supply you with the correct higher power power supply. Without that, getting a humidifier later will require buying a new power supply. If the seller is willing to throw in the alternate power supply, then go for the deal.

The power supply is about $60. If you need to buy the additional cord, it's another $10. It would have to be a pretty good deal, IMHO, since you also have to get the humidifier.

RE: Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users - LAGrandPA - 07-03-2016

Thanks justMongo. I never would have thought of the powersupply.

RE: Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users - LAGrandPA - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 05:47 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Just as Mongo says, the problem with buying new without the humidifier is that they don't supply you with the correct higher power power supply. Without that, getting a humidifier later will require buying a new power supply. If the seller is willing to throw in the alternate power supply, then go for the deal.

The power supply is about $60. If you need to buy the additional cord, it's another $10. It would have to be a pretty good deal, IMHO, since you also have to get the humidifier.

This is true but I can get the machine for 310.00, the Humidifier from Supplier #2 for 90.00 and the Power supply from Supplier #1 for 60.00 that adds up to 460.00 That's still a pretty good deal I just didn't know if I needed a kit or something to make the Humidifier work. Thanks you guys for all the help

RE: Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users - justMongo - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 06:09 PM)LAGrandPA Wrote: I just didn't know if I needed a kit or something to make the Humidifier work.

Nothing extra. The Blower unit and Humidifier slide together, there is a lock detent on the back of the H5i. The air pathways hook up; the electricals hook up; and the humidifier menu becomes available in the blower unit. The unit sold by #2 has a new water tank.

(Slide them together with the power disconnected.)
[Image: Screenshot_1_3.jpg]

RE: Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users - trish6hundred - 07-03-2016

Hi LAGrandPA,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you on your machine decision and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.