Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Cpap machines - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Cpap machines (/Thread-Cpap-machines)

Cpap machines - Hotchta - 07-06-2016

Is there anywhere you can buy a cpap machine without a prescription? My cpap machine died and I have an extremely high deductable this year so if I go to the sleep dr right now everything will be out of pocket. So I just want to replace the machine.

RE: Cpap machines - holden4th - 07-06-2016

I'm assuming that you had a prescription for your original machine - it will be OK to use that.

RE: Cpap machines - Rcgop - 07-06-2016

Go through the prescription proces. Sure, you will pay most or all of it, but you will use up some of your deductible and get the insurance negotiated price.

RE: Cpap machines - trish6hundred - 07-06-2016

Hi Hotchta,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You should be able to use your original prescription, hopefully, you have that.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you with getting a new machine and with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Cpap machines - justMongo - 07-06-2016

Apneaboard cannot condone, facilitate, nor recommend the purchase of any item requiring a prescription in the United States where Apneaboard's servers are located without a prescription.

Supplier #2 will accept your old prescription to buy a machine. Try to find your Rx.
If you cannot then there are online sources that will supply a home test and write a prescription by a Medical Doctor.
Check with the listed supplier's at the top of the page.

RE: Cpap machines - chill - 07-06-2016

Do you need a prescription from a sleep doctor? I got mine from my GP and my ENT based on symptoms. I have not tried using them with a US supplier, but my Canadian one accepted them without question. As long as a licensed doctor has approved it, I would expect it to be OK with the supplier.

RE: Cpap machines - justMongo - 07-06-2016

Any licensed Doctor may write an Rx for a CPAP.

RE: Cpap machines - KSMatthew - 07-06-2016

Simple thing to call your doc and get a fresh copy. The mail order places, some of them, might even ship your machine to you as long as you promise to email a copy "real soon".

RE: Cpap machines - srlevine1 - 07-06-2016

(07-06-2016, 12:19 AM)Hotchta Wrote: Is there anywhere you can buy a cpap machine without a prescription? My cpap machine died and I have an extremely high deductable this year so if I go to the sleep dr right now everything will be out of pocket. So I just want to replace the machine.

I had an issue with my ResMed S8 Elite and it was long out of warranty. I took it to the original DME who provided the CPAP and asked about repairs.

They claimed it was beyond repair and offered to replace it as a "private bill" at a competitive price. No mention of needing an Rx as they had the original paperwork somewhere.

[P.S. it could have been repaired, but they are in the business of selling machines not repairing them.]