Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Left My Water Chamber At Home - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Left My Water Chamber At Home (/Thread-Left-My-Water-Chamber-At-Home)

Left My Water Chamber At Home - BDay33 - 07-15-2016

Hello All,

I'm currently traveling a long way from home, and I just realized that I left my water chamber at home. I'm going to be away for 10 days. Any suggestions? Thanks!

RE: Left My Water Chamber At Home - OpalRose - 07-15-2016

Google DME suppliers in the area you are traveling, then go buy a water chamber.

Or...order one online....see supplier list at top of this page. They can deliver overnight.

Or turn humidifier off.

RE: Left My Water Chamber At Home - Sleeprider - 07-15-2016

Bday33 your profile does not include information about your machine, and your post does not indicate your travel location. Some models allow the humidifier to be removed and a standard 22 mm hose connected directly to the blower unit. The part you need should be fairly easy to source, and if it is not you can still operate many units directly from the blower.

RE: Left My Water Chamber At Home - trish6hundred - 07-15-2016

Hi BDay33,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Left My Water Chamber At Home - OMyMyOHellYes - 07-15-2016

Echoing what others have said, , , ,

Need to know the machine. Most current machines in the ResMed, Respironics, and DeVillbiss lines can be separated from the humidifier and you just use it without if it is only for a few days to a couple of weeks. For that short a period, you can probably get by without humidification. I do so when I travel. I have a NIB ResMed S-8 that is my travel machine. No humidification. When I used an S-8 Elite as my primary machine, a large part of the year I just stowed the humidifier and went without.

OMMOHY

RE: Left My Water Chamber At Home - Mosquitobait - 08-08-2016

My Resmed Airsense Auto for Her will not operate without either the water chamber OR the side panel. My understanding is that the regular Airsense Auto does the same. I do not know about other models of the current Airsense line. If a DME will not give you a part, then as mentioned, contact an online provider and have them ship it to you overnight. You are out of luck for tonight if a local DME won't provide you a part (and chances are, they won't without a prescription).

If you happen to have an S9, just unlock the humidifier from the unit and plug in directly.

RE: Left My Water Chamber At Home - srlevine1 - 08-08-2016

This is one of those things that you do when you are SOL and camping. I made my own water chamber using a 1/2 gallon milk container by cutting the hose in half and routing it through the container. I sealed everything with duct tape and it worked up to a pressure setting of 14. It wasn't pretty, but it worked. Tip, wrap some duct tape around the circumference to prevent the bottle from expanding. I am not sure how this affected the accuracy of the settings and the data on the SD card as I did not see much of a variation over my normal readings.

Now what I do is leave a second water chamber in my go bag so I simply take out the one with water, toss the machine in the bag, and leave. My bag contains a second mask and new cushion, a new hose, a new water chamber, an extra SD card, and an additional power cord. Plus the DC converter and cables.

RE: Left My Water Chamber At Home - icyura10 - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 03:14 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: I made my own water chamber using a 1/2 gallon milk container by cutting the hose in half and routing it through the container. I sealed everything with duct tape and it worked up to a pressure setting of 14. It wasn't pretty, but it worked. Tip, wrap some duct tape around the circumference to prevent the bottle from expanding.

Ah Yes... Better living though engineering ... Oh... er... um... I mean ChemistryLaugh-a-lot

RE: Left My Water Chamber At Home - DariaVader - 08-08-2016

i hope u took pics of that.... wanna see!