Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. (/Thread-Cleaning-DreamStation-heated-hose)

Pages: 1 2

Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. - MitchS - 07-21-2016

My DME sent me a heated hose for my DreamStation by mistake. I had ordered a standard 15mm hose. To their credit, the DME absorbed the difference in cost since it was their mistake. What is the best way to clean the hose to keep from damaging the sensor and electrical connection?

RE: Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. - DeepBreathing - 07-21-2016

I just wash mine (Resmed) in the sink with some mild soap in hot water, then rinse in very hot water. It's nearly three years old, and no problems.

RE: Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. - chill - 07-21-2016

Same here and I have a DreamStation too.

RE: Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. - PoolQ - 07-21-2016

the resmed hose fits right my the aerator on my faucet and I just run water through it. found out that the hose gets heavy with it full of water and will fall on the floor pouring water all over

RE: Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. - OpalRose - 07-21-2016

I just take a small piece of electrical tape and cover the sensors that are on one end of the hose.

Then submerge in hot water and dawn liquid. With hose partially filled, swish back and forth a few times then rinse. Then I rinse again with clear water and vinegar. A third rinse removes any vinegar smell.

Takes less than 10 minutes.

RE: Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. - MitchS - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 01:17 PM)PoolQ Wrote: the resmed hose fits right my the aerator on my faucet and I just run water through it. found out that the hose gets heavy with it full of water and will fall on the floor pouring water all over
Dielaughing You know, I had the exact same thing happen to me.

Thanks Rose and guys. I used it to compare with the standard 15mm hose and machine humidifier so it needs to be cleaned. I think I will put it up until it gets cool enough to turn on the heat on the hose.

I found a 3/8" rubber automotive vacuum line cap will fit right over the electrical connector on the machine end of the hose. That should keep water from getting in, although I don't think I would want to submerge that end. I think I will use Rose's procedure. I soak everything for 10 minutes anyway.

I submerge it and let it soak. I've not noticed any problems. I hang it in the shower to dry for several hours after with the connectors facing down.

RE: Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. - MitchS - 07-21-2016

Thanks chill. Sounds good. I notice all of you submerge it so I think it will be ok.

As a side note, I have been using an AC powered air mattress pump to dry my hose for the last couple of months. I put the pump on a bookcase in the bedroom and let the hose hang down over a paper towel and turn it on. When I take the hose off 10 minutes later it is bone dry. Don't know yet how it will work on the heated tube.

I put in the humidifier tank empty and use the DreamStation to finish the drying. CPAP blows!

RE: Cleaning DreamStation heated hose. - trish6hundred - 07-21-2016

Hi pupcamper,
I wash my heated hose once a week and the sensor gets submerged and I haven't had any trouble with it. I just make sure it's dry before I connect it to my machine.