Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached (/Thread-Have-apt-after-1-month-of-use-Stats-Attached)

Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached - sleepyinFL - 08-29-2016

Hi,

I have a little over a month on the machine and have attached a copy of my stats from Sleepyhead app. I have an apt with my sleep doc on Thursday of this week. Do you have any suggested topics/questions for me to discuss with my doc or do these stats show I am doing ok with the settings I have? Machine details are on the attached image.

Many thanks,
sleepyinFL

RE: Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached - chill - 08-30-2016

I am not very familiar with the VAuto, but your general stats look very good. The question to ask yourself is, "How am I feeling?" Are you still tired and sleepy in the daytime? Do you wake up often at night? Is there anything about your therapy that you think could be improved? If you sleep well, and feel alert and full of energy in the daytime, then all seems well. If not, push your doc to look at issues beyond AHI.

RE: Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached - richb - 08-30-2016

Hi sleepyinFL,

I agree. Your numbers do look good. As chill says the question now is about how you feel.

Rich

RE: Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached - sleepyinFL - 08-31-2016

Nearly all my symptoms have resolved. Before my evaluation I had severe daytime sleepiness, nightly acid reflux, borderline hypertension, and the snoring was driving my wife insane. My sleep study results were a AHI of 103.1.
I just left my sleep doc's office for my 30 day follow-up. My blood pressure is down 15 points. I haven't had a single case of night time relflux and my daytime tiredness is improved significantly. No more dosing off at work!! My wife told me the other day she is been sleeping much better too. I have to say, I wish I would have gone in earlier.
Doc changed the settings to 12/8 bipap to resolve the only issue i was having with the auto bipap therapy causing the pressure to spike, waking me up. This seemed to happen in the last hour or so of sleep and was annoying. I was just turning the unit off and back on to get things back to normal. Hopefully, this change in the settings will resolve this issue. Doc believes the settings he has set now will allow me to give the nasal pillows a try too. I have to wait another 2 months before my insurance will pay for a new mask.
All in all, I feel great!!

RE: Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached - chill - 08-31-2016

"AHI of 103.1" -- Impressive! Grin

It is great to hear from someone who is really helped by this! Congrats!

RE: Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached - Maskup N. Sleepwell - 08-31-2016

Normally I'd say tighten up the ranges, especially the low ends, but you're numbers are pretty good so I can't complain lol :-)

RE: Have apt.after 1 month of use. Stats Attached - Sleeprider - 08-31-2016

Looks great. Your current settings are 6/18 with 4.0 PS. It's pretty clear you don't spend much time at the lower pressure settings, but doesn't seem to be a problem. Your doctor is mainly concerned that the treatment is effective and you are benefiting from the treatment. I think the answer is clear for both questions. Well done.