Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] AirSense 10 Autoset - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] AirSense 10 Autoset (/Thread-CPAP-AirSense-10-Autoset)

AirSense 10 Autoset - lorrieb1965 - 08-30-2016

I just got my machine today and turned on the smartstart ... I tried it to see if it was working, but it didn't turn on after 5 breaths .... What could be wrong?

Thanks

Lorrie

RE: AirSense 10 Autoset - trish6hundred - 08-30-2016

Hi lorrieb1965,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure why your smartstart isn't working, hang in there for answers to your question.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: AirSense 10 Autoset - GrammaBear - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 02:20 PM)lorrieb1965 Wrote:
I just got my machine today and turned on the smartstart ... I tried it to see if it was working, but it didn't turn on after 5 breaths .... What could be wrong?

Thanks

Lorrie

Are you certain you have the cover for the humidifier closed completely? The reason I ask is - the same thing happened to me a while ago and it was because when I placed the humidifier into the right place, I neglected to shut the little door completely. Hope this helps you, if not I would call the place that you got your machine from and check with them. Good Luck to you.

RE: AirSense 10 Autoset - rem52 - 08-31-2016

I use the SmartStart and find that sometimes I have to breathe in and out extra hard a couple times to start it.

RE: AirSense 10 Autoset - icyura10 - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 06:50 AM)rem52 Wrote: I use the SmartStart and find that sometimes I have to breathe in and out extra hard a couple times to start it.

And I think it has something to do with the mask your using too.

When I used a nasal mask, it came on within a breath or two.

When I used ResMed P-10's it was within 1 breath

Using the Dreamwear I use now it can take up to 5 breaths to kick the machine in the butt to get it to go.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! [Image: gvJfYWn.gif]

---ICY

RE: AirSense 10 Autoset - 0rangebear - 08-31-2016

There is a setting for mask type in the clinician setup menu. The manual should show you how to change it. The symptoms you describe indicate it is not set on the correct mask type Sleep-well

(08-30-2016, 02:20 PM)lorrieb1965 Wrote:
Thanks
Lorrie

(08-31-2016, 07:37 AM)icyura10 Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 06:50 AM)rem52 Wrote: I use the SmartStart and find that sometimes I have to breathe in and out extra hard a couple times to start it.
And I think it has something to do with the mask your using too.
When I used a nasal mask, it came on within a breath or two.
When I used ResMed P-10's it was within 1 breath
Using the Dreamwear I use now it can take up to 5 breaths to kick the machine in the butt to get it to go.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! [Image: gvJfYWn.gif]

---ICY