Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Encore pro - how to view and download data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Encore pro - how to view and download data (/Thread-Encore-pro-how-to-view-and-download-data)

Encore pro - how to view and download data - stephennic - 09-05-2016

Hi,
How can I view my files on encore pro? I have put sd card in the computer, press import patient, go to sd card then go through files nothing. cant view my data from CPAP machine. Do I have to set something up on encore pro. Its version 2.17.8.0. Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Steve

RE: Encore pro - how to view and download data - Jimsp1 - 09-05-2016

You do not use import patient. The first thing you need to do is to go to the patients tab and select +add new. Only the few lines with an asterisk need to be filled out. Select the patient you added and click on the little brown SD card with the + on it. This will give you a Download from device option. When you select that the first time I think it says this is not an Encore patient but go ahead and proceed with the download making sure to select the card will be returned to the same patient.

RE: Encore pro - how to view and download data - stephennic - 09-06-2016

(09-05-2016, 09:12 PM)Jimsp1 Wrote: You do not use import patient. The first thing you need to do is to go to the patients tab and select +add new. Only the few lines with an asterisk need to be filled out. Select the patient you added and click on the little brown SD card with the + on it. This will give you a Download from device option. When you select that the first time I think it says this is not an Encore patient but go ahead and proceed with the download making sure to select the card will be returned to the same patient.

Many thanks your directions worked.
Cheers
Steve

RE: Encore pro - how to view and download data - Sleeprider - 09-06-2016

After using Encore Pro for years with my old M-Series Auto, I found the EncoreBasic program uses a LOT less computer overhead. EncorePro builds an entire database program using SQL onto your computer. What that gives you is the ability to maintain many patient files with secure passwords and administrator access. EncoreBasic does everything Encore Pro does in terms of data, but without that huge mess. You will eventually have some problems with Pro, so consider yourself warned. The only reason to use any Encore program is to print some reports in the format expected by DME providers or some doctors. Other than that, Sleepyhead software is much better for most of what you want to do, and a whole lot more user-friendly.

RE: Encore pro - how to view and download data - Jimsp1 - 09-06-2016

I couldn't get Encore basic to work with the DreamStation but perhaps I did something wrong with it.
I do find sleepyhead to be much more useful and easier to use. The only thing I like better with Encore Pro is the Wave Form report. I like the way it displays one hour on each page.

RE: Encore pro - how to view and download data - OpalRose - 09-06-2016

Just to clarify:
Encore Basic does "not" work with the DreamStation.

If you own a DreamStation, you can use Encore Pro or SleepyHead, with SleepyHead being the better choice.