Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead (/Thread-Looking-for-complete-list-of-AUTO-apap-s-compatible-with-Sleepyhead)

Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - Lanco - 09-20-2016

Just curious as I am watching Craigslist. It seems I have seen where only the one for hers version of the S9 AutoSet will work on the SH software? Interested only in auto cpaps I guess.

Am getting curious if a Resmed would actually do any better than my Apex.

Sounds like Resmed is the most popular and Respironics maybe in second place? So, I guess i'd also like a break down of popularity of the Sleepyhead compatible auto cpap's.

Thanks

RE: Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - Sleeprider - 09-20-2016

The Resmed models of interest would be S9 Autoset, Airsense 10 Autoset and Airsense 10 Autoset for Her. The Philips Respironics models are System One 60 Series Auto, and Dreamstation Auto. Resmed increases and decreases pressures faster in auto mode, and offer what is essentially a bilevel therapy mode using exhale pressure relief (EPR). The PR series uses Aflex which offers up to 2.0 cm pressure relief based on the patient's expiratory effort. Without question, the Philips models are more conservative in the way they provide thera py and intervene with OSA, while Resmed is more aggressive. If you are sensitive to pressure changes, a properly configured Respironics machine might be better, but for faster response, in individuals that tolerate the pressure change, te Resmed seems better, amd my require less user intervention.

RE: Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - Sleepster - 09-20-2016

(09-20-2016, 06:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Resmed models of interest would be S9 Autoset, Airsense 10 Autoset and Airsense 10 Autoset for Her. The Philips Respironics models are System One 60 Series Auto, and Dreamstation Auto.

I agree, although I'd include any Philips Respironics System One Auto (both 50 series and 60 series). The only thing that the 50 Series lacks is that it's not available with the heated hose option. If the heated hose is important to you, make sure the 60 Series machine you buy has the heated hose option, as not all of them do.

The problem, and this case is an example, is that the manufacturers have a dizzying array of models and options. It's the same marketing strategy employed by automobile manufacturers. Keep the buyer confused so the salesman has the opportunity to push whatever suits them in terms of what they have available and what makes them the most money.

RE: Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - Sleeprider - 09-20-2016

(09-20-2016, 08:21 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I agree, although I'd include any Philips Respironics System One Auto (both 50 series and 60 series). The only thing that the 50 Series lacks is that it's not available with the heated hose option. If the heated hose is important to you, make sure the 60 Series machine you buy has the heated hose option, as not all of them do.

The problem, and this case is an example, is that the manufacturers have a dizzying array of models and options. It's the same marketing strategy employed by automobile manufacturers. Keep the buyer confused so the salesman has the opportunity to push whatever suits them in terms of what they have available and what makes them the most money.

Except the manufacturers don't even consider the end-user the customer. All the marketing is directed at the medical and supplier chain. If end-users were really a concern, then there would be easily understandable literature and ads directed at them, instead of hiding useful information behind passwords, adn supplier only sites.

RE: Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - Lanco - 09-20-2016

Thanks for the answers. I was looking at the Sleepyhead site and they mentioned also the Respironics 450P Series and above. Can't find much info on them. Are they referring to DS450 Auto IQ REMstar Pro as one of them. It looks like it might be an older model?

RE: Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - Lanco - 09-21-2016

just checking options at this point, but it seems to me I would not want or use a humidifier and am not attracted at all to exotic hoses. If I should decide to get an S9 Autoset or any other i am hoping that a plain standard hose will work. So, will a plain hose work on these machines, especially an S9 AutoSet?

On the other hand, maybe someone can tell me the positive in's and out's of using a humidifier and the reason's/purpose of using these non-standard hoses? Well, non-standard to me anyway Smile

RE: Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - DeepBreathing - 09-21-2016

The heated hoses prevent condensation which can result in drops of water coming through your mask or ponding in the hose itself. If you don't use a humidifier you won't need (or indeed be able to use) a heated hose.

The humidifier prevents drying out of you nasal passages etc. I wouldn't be without it, but it's a personal choice. If you're not using one now and don't having any problems then you probably don't need it. Depends a lot on your ambient humidity, which might be pretty high where you live.

RE: Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - Sleepster - 09-21-2016

(09-20-2016, 10:46 PM)Lanco Wrote: Thanks for the answers. I was looking at the Sleepyhead site and they mentioned also the Respironics 450P Series and above.

The 450P is the older 50 Series fixed pressure CPAP machine. It's fully data capable, so that makes it a good CPAP machine. It's just not auto-adjusting.

The 550P would be the auto-adjusting machine you asked about.

Going higher yet, the 650P is a fixed pressure bi-level machine (BiPAP). I have one in my closet. It's a back up, valuable because it will run directly off a car battery.

And the 750P is the auto-adjusting BiPAP.

All of these 50 Series machines are not available with the heated hose option.

The corresponding 60 Series machines are the 460P, 560P, 660P, and 760P, respectively. Note that these machine are available with the heated hose option. Meaning they're also available without it, so you have to be careful when shopping.

Note that model numbers vary slightly in other countries, so for example in Canada the 450P is the 451P.

RE: Looking for complete list of AUTO apap's compatible with Sleepyhead - Sleepster - 09-21-2016

(09-21-2016, 04:11 AM)Lanco Wrote: So, will a plain hose work on these machines, especially an S9 AutoSet?

Yes, the standard 22 mm diameter hose will work on any of these machines. as will any mask.

(09-21-2016, 08:37 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Depends a lot on your ambient humidity, which might be pretty high where you live.

Undoubtedly the outdoor humidity is quite high in Pensacola, Florida. But most people who live there have central air conditioning so their indoor humidity is much lower. Usually very much lower.