Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! (/Thread-Thanks-for-sharing-your-knowledge)

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - SharonN - 09-21-2016

Hello all, I decided to stop lurking and create an account. Smile I've been on APAP for about a month and reading here almost as long. I just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone answering questions.

By reading here, I learned what to expect, troubleshooting the P10, adjusting fit etc. which has really made this process easier. My next step will be downloading the software and delving into the data more. I'm sure I'll have some questions on interpretation.

RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - chill - 09-21-2016

Welcome

RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - FrankNichols - 09-21-2016

Welcome to the board - your name caught my eye, my wife is Sharon N also Smile

RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - Sleeprider - 09-21-2016

Hi Sharon. Glad you're having an easier transition, and always good to hear people are benefiting from the collective knowledge here.

RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - trish6hundred - 09-21-2016

Hi SharonN,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you are getting adjusted to your CPAP therapy.
hang in there for more responses to your post.
Good luck to you as you continue on your journey.

RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - richb - 09-21-2016

Hi SharonN,

Welcome to the Apnea Board. Knowing what to expect is a big help in getting used to xPAP therapy. Use Sleepyhead so you can be on top of how your therapy is progressing.

Rich

RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - MitchS - 09-22-2016

Hello SharonN,

Welcome to the board.

Sleep well,

Mitch

RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - Hope2sleep - 09-24-2016

(09-21-2016, 07:31 PM)SharonN Wrote: Hello all, I decided to stop lurking and create an account. Smile I've been on APAP for about a month and reading here almost as long. I just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone answering questions.

By reading here, I learned what to expect, troubleshooting the P10, adjusting fit etc. which has really made this process easier. My next step will be downloading the software and delving into the data more. I'm sure I'll have some questions on interpretation.

I did the same!
Reading for over a month even before I started treatment.
I want to say a huge thank you to everyone on this forum!
I’m new into treatment (2 weeks) and all theses information been of so much help.
Keep the good work going on; it is so helpful to many!
Thanks

RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - JWR - 09-24-2016

Hi SharonN. Welcome to apneaboard Welcome

RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge! - Sleeping Frog - 09-28-2016

I, too, want to thank you for your knowledge and willingness to provide suggestions to resolve issues. I've been using my machine since last November and really do find I'm sleeping much better, most of the time.

My machine started making an irritating whining noise when I inhale. I switched out the hose, tried both the nasal pillows as well as the dream mask (I have both) to no avail. Ripped the mask off in disgust last night and slept(?) very poorly.

This morning at 8:30 am I called Apria, the provider of my machine, to get some help troubleshooting. It's afternoon now, no call back from them yet. Not wanting to lose another night's sleep - and feeling quite cranky from lack thereof, I Googled my issue and found your site.

Thanks for the suggestion of putting a towel under my machine. I think that may just have resolved the issue. We shall see tonight. Glad you are here.