Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Need full face mask advice - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Need full face mask advice (/Thread-Need-full-face-mask-advice)

Pages: 1 2

Need full face mask advice - Bob32256 - 11-07-2016

I have been using an older ResMed Quattro nasal mask - the only one I've found that doesn't leak. I need a full face mask. I bought the Quattro Air because it appeared to be a similar design. It leaks to the point of being unusable so I went back to the old nasal mask. Does anyone have experience with the Quattro Air? There is another Quattro model (non-Air) that looks similar to the one I have. Would it be less likely to leak than the Air? I will appreciate any advice.

RE: Need full face mask advice - DeepBreathing - 11-07-2016

G'day Bob, welcome to Apnea Board.

Getting a mask to fit is a really difficult issue and there's no way to say that any particular mask will or won't leak on your face. Having said that I have used the Quattro Air and found it pretty good, but the F&P Simplus is better for me. The Simplus is very popular so you might have better luck with that. Or not.

As a side question, was your nasal mask ok? You say you had to change to full face - why was that?

RE: Need full face mask advice - trish6hundred - 11-07-2016

Hi Bob32256,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your question and good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Need full face mask advice - PsychoMike - 11-07-2016

Fitting the Quattro Air can be a bit tricky. If you don't have it tight enough, or have it too tight, it'll leak like a sieve. I find the seal is definitely a "Goldilocks" type of seal....get it just right, and it's great, otherwise it can be a pain.

Are you able to provide more info on a) which mask you have been using (I'm not familiar with a Quattro nasal mask...most Quattros I know of are full face) and b) where the leaks have been (i.e. around the eyes or chin)?

Thanks Smile

RE: Need full face mask advice - brianwood619 - 11-08-2016

The simplus full face mask has been a godsend to me....have been using for three years, love it

RE: Need full face mask advice - Sleeprider - 11-08-2016

You could be the first kid on your block to try the Resmed Airfit F20. It's a new mask with a fairly robust looking headgear.

RE: Need full face mask advice - Homerec130 - 11-08-2016

I have a Quatro FX full face mask and it works like a champ.

RE: Need full face mask advice - Bob32256 - 11-12-2016

(11-07-2016, 08:56 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Bob, welcome to Apnea Board.

Getting a mask to fit is a really difficult issue and there's no way to say that any particular mask will or won't leak on your face. Having said that I have used the Quattro Air and found it pretty good, but the F&P Simplus is better for me. The Simplus is very popular so you might have better luck with that. Or not.

As a side question, was your nasal mask ok? You say you had to change to full face - why was that?

Thanks, and sorry for the delay in replying. Here's why I think I need to switch to full face - I said my current nasal mask doesn't leak, but what I mean is that it doesn't leak around my eyes and wake me up. I have congestion from allergies, I wake up with extreme dry mouth, and the % of time above the leak threshold is as high as 40%. I am assuming that's from mouth breathing.

RE: Need full face mask advice - Bob32256 - 11-12-2016

(11-07-2016, 02:09 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: Fitting the Quattro Air can be a bit tricky. If you don't have it tight enough, or have it too tight, it'll leak like a sieve. I find the seal is definitely a "Goldilocks" type of seal....get it just right, and it's great, otherwise it can be a pain.

Are you able to provide more info on a) which mask you have been using (I'm not familiar with a Quattro nasal mask...most Quattros I know of are full face) and b) where the leaks have been (i.e. around the eyes or chin)?

Thanks Smile

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion - my current mask is the Mirage Activa. It fits well, but leaks because of mouth breathing. The Quattro Air leaked everywhere. I couldn't find any way to adjust it so it didn't leak, even while sitting.

RE: Need full face mask advice - FrankNichols - 11-12-2016

I think the Quattro is very similar to the F10 and soon to be available F20. They are very comfortable, but as others have said, the leaking is personal and the only thing to do is try it, which can get expensive if you perform an exhaustive test of all the ones available.