Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem (/Thread-ResMed-Airsense-10-Setting-Date-Problem)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - Reuven Gruber - 11-15-2016

For some reason the date in my machine got set to tomorrow's date. When I try to set it back to today's date it gives me a message that says that I cant set a date in the past

HELP!! please

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - Rcgop - 11-15-2016

I just set my clock back 1 hour due to daylight savings time but I had to wait until after 1:00 pm so as not to have any data on that cycle. Setting the date back will be a bigger problem. ResMed's clinical manual says you need to delete data in order to accomplish this. I am just guessing but if you don't use it long enough to where the date you want has no data, you might be able to change it back. Remember, the new day starts at noon and not midnight.

I am sure you will get a lot of replies as this a regular problem.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - justMongo - 11-15-2016

It's a little tricky as the message is true --- the machine has data for the prior day and will not permit rewinding time/date to where data exists.
The internal date rolls over at midnight; but the "cpap day" is noon to noon. The date is probably off because the machine was set in Singapore.

This problem has been seen before; and the consensus is to get into the clinician menu and make notes of the settings. Then, with the SD card removed, erase the existing data (I believe that's done by resetting to factory.) Then set the date and time. Then, set all therapy settings back to what they were. (many will be default values). Then, format the SD card in a PC -- quick format is fine -- and put SD card back in. Or, you can save the SD card and just put a new one in.

The downside is: you will have lost the historical compliance data. Here in the US, that sometimes causes issues when mandatory compliance monitory is required.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - Reuven Gruber - 11-16-2016

JustMongo

Can I just reset the machine with the SD card in place?

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - justMongo - 11-16-2016

You can try it. The thing is, compliance data lives in the machine memory and the SD card.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - Reuven Gruber - 11-16-2016

Thanks for the advice - Here is what I did:

With the SD card in the machine I entered the clinical menu and selected "Erase Data" and then confirmed that I actually wanted to do it. The machine erased the data and reformatted the SD card. I was then able to enter the correct date and time
I am pleased to report that this operation did not erase my settings (pressures, units of measure etc)

I did not loose historical data since I had been uploading data from the SD card in my machine to the ResScan application on my laptop (ResScan is the ResMed equivalent of SleepyHead)

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - Sleeprider - 11-16-2016

Thanks to this thread, I checked the system time on my machine and corrected about a 40 minute error. It was close enough and I had never bothered to check. Thanks!

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - Javan - 10-13-2017

Thanks, that worked for me.
Thanks

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - Sleep2Snore - 10-13-2017

(11-15-2016, 12:22 PM)Rcgop Wrote: I just set my clock back 1 hour due to daylight savings time but I had to wait until after 1:00 pm so as not to have any data on that cycle. Setting the date back will be a bigger problem. ResMed's clinical manual says you need to delete data in order to accomplish this. I am just guessing but if you don't use it long enough to where the date you want has no data, you might be able to change it back. Remember, the new day starts at noon and not midnight.

I am sure you will get a lot of replies as this a regular problem.

I never thought about the date changing at NOON, but I suppose it would have to to get a nights data from night before.
What happens if you are on night shift Oh-jeez

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem - Sleep2Snore - 10-13-2017

Think I will have to check my machine, it thinks it is tomorrow!!
It was easier when they only counted days used Smile