Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? (/Thread-First-Machine-First-Night-First-results-Help-please)

First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - SJGino - 11-17-2016

Hello everyone again,

Soo here are my first night results and i kind of get what i'm seeing and i kind of don't. I been reading a lot of post here recently and i understand here and there but not to much.

My first night was awesome even though i had some issue. This morning i woke up better then usual, not exactly super fresh but not even remotely tired as usual. I feel better and was able to get up without falling asleep as i usually do. I felt really groggy at first but once i actually got up and got ready i started to feel better. My chest and lungs wore sore and a bit heavy. During the night i think maybe 3 occasions my mouth was very so i had to drink some water. I use a simplus full mask and i was hard to get comfortable at first but eventually i settled and fell asleep. The first time i woke up was do to bathroom use and a super dry mouth. The second time was because of side and chest pain. but i kept the mask on for the whole night regardless. The Mask seems the weirdest thing for me but I'm going to try to make some adjustments tonight. Here are my sleep head results from last night. I hope i did it right, i followed the instructions of another post for IMGUR. hahaha

[Image: 2aaf9mul.jpg]

[Image: tXTSC6ll.jpg]

RE: First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - robysue - 11-17-2016

SJGino,

The data looks pretty good for a first night. And it's great that you don't feel as tired as normal! That's a good sign that you may soon be wondering why you waited so long to start therapy. Smile

(11-17-2016, 06:59 PM)SJGino Wrote: During the night i think maybe 3 occasions my mouth was very so i had to drink some water. I use a simplus full mask and i was hard to get comfortable at first but eventually i settled and fell asleep. The first time i woke up was do to bathroom use and a super dry mouth. The second time was because of side and chest pain. but i kept the mask on for the whole night regardless.
There are two periods of larger than expected leaks and both times lead to the machine losing track of your breathing. That shows up with the big ugly black "BND" bars in the Events table and the gaps in the flow rate graph. Any chance you just didn't turn the machine off at that first wake? And are Auto Start and Auto Off set to ON or OFF?

Dry mouth probably indicates that you are doing some mouth breathing. Yes, a FFM is designed to alleviate problems caused by mouth breathing with a nasal mask. But while you don't therapeutic pressure out of your open mouth, there's still a lot more air moving through the mouth and the machine's humidifier is often not enough to completely prevent dry mouth---it's designed more to keep the nasal mucosa from drying out from the pressurized air.

RE: First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - Sleeprider - 11-17-2016

Completely agree with robysue's observations. You should complete your profile with the PRS1 BiPAP Auto 760, and mask model/type. You are currently using your BiPAP in AutoB mode at PS 3-5 over 15-25.

Some early observations, and you do not need to make any changes, but consider these as notes. You had almost no OSA and a lower EPAPmin may be possible and desirable if this trend continues. Most of your issues are related to mask fit and leaks and some disruption is apparent by the breaks in therapy. In other words, a very good first night.

RE: First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - SJGino - 11-17-2016

Man, you guys are super helpful, i swear i have nothing but gratitude for this place and all the help you guys provide. Especially sleeprider, galactus, robysue, and Deepbreathing. If it wasn't for this place i would have never got my machine as fast and cheap as i did and would not have been able to set it up. I'm seriously forever grateful.

Yes, i did turn the machine off when i first woke up a few times. I dont know how to pause the machine for bathroom breaks. Hahaha, and auto off and on is turned off.

(11-17-2016, 08:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Some early observations, and you do not need to make any changes, but consider these as notes. You had almost no OSA and a lower EPAPmin may be possible and desirable if this trend continues. Most of your issues are related to mask fit and leaks and some disruption is apparent by the breaks in therapy. In other words, a very good first night.

Sleeprider, what is OSA?

Tomorrow is my Sleep Lab apt so they can take a look at my machine. Is there anything i should ask them or notify before hand. Maybe help with the mask fit. Also do i make a new post later on down the line when i have like like a few more weeks of info?

Thank you again to everyone who has been so helpful. No words can explain my gratitude. Expecially since without insurance i didnt know how i could do this with in my means.

RE: First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - Sleeprider - 11-17-2016

OSA = obstructive sleep apnea. Other than the little cluster when you first went to bed (probably before you slept), you didn't have any. Your nighttime events were all clear airway (CA), or hypopnea (H), and most of that was during periods of sleep transition, and can probably be dismissed as sleep wake junk (SWJ). That is about all the acronyms I'll throw at you for now, but there is a complete list of acronyms in the Apneaboard Wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

RE: First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - SJGino - 11-17-2016

Thank you sleeprider, Sweet, i cant wait to get better at all this and be able t providesome insight and help out where i can here

RE: First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - SJGino - 11-18-2016

Hello again, just thought i could post this for some feed back as my second night i still felt better but i seem to still have issues with my mask. In the night i wake up and the mask seems to sleep off around the mouth area, i think because my mouth opens when i get into deep sleep but i'm trying. Here is last nights info.

[Image: 2aaf9mul.jpg]

[Image: tXTSC6ll.jpg]

RE: First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - SJGino - 11-18-2016

Sorry i re posted the same night wednesday instead of thursday night. here we go

[Image: eFGGySBl.png]

[Image: ByIBgPKl.png]

RE: First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? - Sleeprider - 11-18-2016

You may have noticed, your pressure does not change all night, and still no obstructive apnea. I suggest dropping minimum EPAP by 2.0 to 13. What I'm looking for is to continue to see your success in OA, but let the higher PS begin to take care of hypopnea. This may also help with the leaks.

Thank you sleeprider,

Yes, aftershowing my sleep DR. you were exactly dead on. He said the same thing, except that the cause of my leaks was because the masked that was issued to me was to small. They gave me a small and i needed a large. When i did my sleep test i wore a large. They gave me to free simplus FFM large and replace the smaller ones. Then he said if those dont feel good. Go for the Resmed P10. Haha. thank you again.

I'll try these out for the next few nights and study here a little more. Thanks again