Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure (/Thread-ResMed-Airsense-10-Auto-Set-Runaway-Pressure)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure - Abnormal86 - 11-21-2016

A while ago, I had changed the max pressure on my machine down from the 20 they had it originally set for to 10...because I would be forced awake by the machine shoving a small hurricane down my nose.

Things seemed good for a while, but recently I've had several instances of being awoken by the machine blowing again at full pressure. (at the new setting of 10).

It had been a while since I had pulled the card and looked at the data using ResScan...and I was completely surprised at what I found.

I would be sleeping/breathing somewhat normally, with no apneas and no airway restrictions or "bumps" in the flow pattern, then with no rhyme or reason the machine would go from my low pressure setting up to the high setting over the course of 5 seconds!!!

Needless to say, I don't last long (1 or 2 minutes) before I wake up and take it off.

Anyone have this experience? Is there something wrong with the machine? I've found several instances where it's had this "runaway" pressure ramping with zero provocation.

Thanks!

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure - Beej - 11-21-2016

If it is still under warranty, I think I'd contact the DME about getting it serviced to see if there are any possible resets or repairs.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure - eseedhouse - 11-21-2016

The normal solution is to raise your starting pressure. These machines usually default that to 4 and that's almost always too low. If the machine checks out as OK, start raising your start pressure towards about 7.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure - trish6hundred - 11-21-2016

Hi Abnormal86,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure - sonicboom - 11-21-2016

I know this problem and have written extensively about it. I suspect you have rainout in your tube. Do you have a climate line tube? If so set it to auto and get a hose cover. If you have a regular tube get a hose cover. That will stop this problem in its tracks. See discussion from 2015 re A10 issues. When I have more time I will try and find that thread if you haven't found it already.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure - Abnormal86 - 11-21-2016

Thanks for the responses so far. It just seems odd to me that instead of the normal, more incremental, step ups...this thing just goes from the low setting up to the high setting in 5 seconds flat. That really doesn't seem right...like at all.

I had the same problem. Trust me, it's likely rainout. I will look for the thread from last year and you will see the similarity.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto Set...Runaway Pressure - Abnormal86 - 11-21-2016

I did have a rainout problem a couple week ago...but it did the crazy ramp to me last night, and there wasn't any moisture in the tube at all.

Here is the link to the thread from last year:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-airsense-10-autoset-malfunction

There may be moisture in the mask or in or near the machine outlet which you can't see because it drips backwards. I returned 3 machines thinking the machine was the problem. Since all 3 machines did this I realized I had to change something. Turned tube to auto, got a cover, problem solved.