Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Any Cat Owners Out There? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Any Cat Owners Out There? (/Thread-Any-Cat-Owners-Out-There)

Pages: 1 2 3

Any Cat Owners Out There? - harmon k - 12-06-2016

Had a cat years ago and would really love to get one again. But I wouldn't want one if I couldn't let it be in my bedroom (pretty small apt). But I know a cat would just LOVE my cpap hose and a warm machine to play with. Since I don't wanna make some contraption to keep the hose in a weird place (since I'm finding things difficult enough to deal with treatment as it is), guess I'm screwed, huh? Meeeeeeowwwwwwwwwww

RE: Any Cat Owners Out There? - PaytonA - 12-06-2016

It might help if you adopted an older cat and not a kitten . Find a sedate older cat and it might work.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: Any Cat Owners Out There? - RichardVT - 12-06-2016

I have a three year old cat. She didn't like the machine with all the noises it makes along with the sights and smells of it all so she stopped sleeping at my feet when I got it in September. Just recently she has made her way back to my feet several nights now.

I don't think she will play with the different parts, at least I hope she doesn't!

RE: Any Cat Owners Out There? - KSMatthew - 12-06-2016

We've had 3 cats. We had 2 at one time, neither bothered with the machine or hose. The one we have now gets kept out of the bedroom at night because it never learned to not get restless during the night, but it doesn't bother with the machine or hose either.

RE: Any Cat Owners Out There? - justMongo - 12-06-2016

Keep a spare hose.

RE: Any Cat Owners Out There? - AlanE - 12-06-2016

Cat owners? or...

[Image: What-the-what.jpg]

a warm comfortable place to sleep Oh-jeez

RE: Any Cat Owners Out There? - bons - 12-06-2016

My cat loves to sleep curled up against my heated hose. He has never attacked it. Actually I had a problem with him in the summer when he preferred to sleep on my bed stand. His head would rub against the dial and change the humidity setting many times each night.

RE: Any Cat Owners Out There? - Rcgop - 12-06-2016

I have a cat and dog. Also am allergic to cats. That means I have a live in flow limit. Sooooo! It was either the cat or shots. Shots won.

It's the dog I have to worry about. My bedside table has a drawer where I keep my hose and mask.

Get the cat and hide the hose and mask. And change your filters.

RE: Any Cat Owners Out There? - Zippo - 12-06-2016

We have 6 cats (yeah, if I'd known then what I know now... LOL). None of them bother with the hose or machine so I'm betting you won't have much of an issue. It might be different with a kitten but keep the hose and machine up off of the floor and I think you should be fine.

RE: Any Cat Owners Out There? - Homerec130 - 12-06-2016

We have 3 cats - a 6 year old and two around 8 months. The only problem I have ever had is the 6 year old accidentally stepped on the start button and turned in on (she is about 15 lbs). Solved that one by unplugging the unit during the day. Other than that, no problems.

Homer