Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet (/Thread-Cloggd-Nose-elling-with-ResMed-Airsense-10-AutoSet)

Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet - edmund36 - 12-09-2016

I have a new CPAP unit, the ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet. I have been feeling dry mouth and now always seem to have a clogged air feeling. I set it to the manual mode and reduced the temp from 81 to 70 degrees and the Humidity from 2 to 5. I contacted the DME company and the representative there said that he has the same issue with the clogged air feeling. Does anyone have any idea on what is going on here and or what can be better settings to correct this?

RE: Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet - Sleeprider - 12-09-2016

You lowered the tube temperature, but if you changed humidity from 2 to 5, you increased humidity greatly. Humidity settings get higher as the number increases. You may have humidity induced congestion, but I'd bet it is the use of a nasal mask which can actually put pressure on the sinuses. Ask your supplier to try nasal pillows, like the Resmed Airfit P10. As long as you don't have leaking through your mouth, it will solve ANY congestion you have.

RE: Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet - trish6hundred - 12-09-2016

Hi edmund36,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
For your congestion, you might try a sinus rinse, (such as Neomed,) before bedtime.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.

RE: Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet - Mr. Van Winkle - 12-09-2016

When I first started I also felt like I was filling up with air and couldn't exhale well , So I changed my EPR setting to 3 for the maximum pressure relief on exhale, It did the trick for me. Some don't use any EPR so everyone is different.
Not sure what yours is set at but you could try it.
Good Luck!!
Sleep-well

RE: Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet - edmund36 - 12-09-2016

What would you recommend both settings to be at?

RE: Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet - Sleeprider - 12-09-2016

Edmund, I'm kind of partial to 74 degrees at setting 3.

You're using a pretty good spread of pressure at 5-15. How are things working out other than the congestion? If you have a computer, you could load up #SleepyHead a free program and get a lot better picture of what is going on.

RE: Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet - edmund36 - 12-17-2016

I can't stand the clogged ear feeling anymore. Went back to my old 8 year old unit for a month or 2 and see if it heals up. Notified my doctor via letter. Attempted to contact Resmed for the name of a Regional Home Care Representative, assuming he would be an expert, but was told they could not do that as I did not buy from them! Would be interested on items that may relieve the ears and sinus area to help it heal.

RE: Cloggd Nose elling with ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet - edmund36 - 12-17-2016

I can't stand the clogged ear feeling anymore. Went back to my old 8 year old unit for a month or 2 and see if it heals up. Notified my doctor via letter. Attempted to contact Resmed for the name of a Regional Home Care Representative, assuming he would be an expert, but was told they could not do that as I did not buy from them! Would be interested on items that may relieve the ears and sinus area to help it heal.