Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results (/Thread-Got-my-diagnostic-MSLT-and-CPAP-titration-results)

Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results - Beej - 12-09-2016

Gotta love patient portals.

I requested the reports and voila!

Here

Thoughts?

RE: Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results - robysue - 12-09-2016

Looks like you're going to get an invite to officially become a hosehead.

RE: Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results - Beej - 12-09-2016

um ... I already am on a CPAP as the profile to the left notes.

I was more wondering if anything unusual jumped out as odd, like the reduced fragmented REM (apparently, 20% of the time is usually REM, according to 1 online post)

RE: Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results - justMongo - 12-09-2016

I would have my cardiologist put a monitor on me and further investigate the PVCs.

I'm actually wondering if the Vivactil (protryptilline) is causing the reduced REM and possibly the PVCs. It is a tricyclic antidepressant and those are known for potential cardiac arrhythmias. It'll depend on the frequency/intensity of the PVCs. Most folks do have a occasional ectopic beat or two.

I'm going to talk with my neurologist, too, as I was just put on lamotrigine for vestibular migraine with aura (no headache, just vision issues and nasty vertigo attacks). I might be able to stop the Vivactil, as the lamotrigine also acts as a mood stabilizer in bipolar disorder. I didn't think I had that, but if you take prednisone (d*mn asthma flares) and become manic, that suggests a type 2 or 3 bipolar disorder.

RE: Got my diagnostic, MSLT, and CPAP titration results - Sleeprider - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 07:44 PM)Beej Wrote: I was more wondering if anything unusual jumped out as odd, like the reduced fragmented REM (apparently, 20% of the time is usually REM, according to 1 online post)

Are you kidding? A sleep latency of 4 minutes in a clinical setting...wow!

Mine was a sleep latency of 84 minutes with sleep efficiency of 42%. You're living in high cotton bro!

Joking aside, you seem to be already using an optimum pressure.

Sleeping was never the problem.

Waking up and staying up was the problem. I missed most of a couple of decades between the sleep disorder, the low thyroid, and some other things.

I sometimes bang my hand on the headboard of my antique bed. The carving on it sometimes nicks my knuckles, so I figured I must be moving around some.

To sleep, perchance to dream ... except I almost never remember dreams. Maybe 4 times in all my decades.

And there really can be a limit to how much caffeine you can drink to stay awake. It used to be a 2 liter of diet Coke, 9 flights of stairs, and I could fall asleep on that in under 15 minutes. I took work home and worked through lunch to get work done.
Then I got on the protriptyline. Waking up without a headache? Priceless. That worked for a long time. Then several rounds of steroids for the d*mn asthma flares added a good 50+ pounds over the decades and it evolved into the obstructive apnea I have now. *sigh*