Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? (/Thread-Equipment-Is-moisture-staying-in-hoses-a-problem)

Pages: 1 2

Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - ac110 - 12-13-2016

I'm three days in on my first trial of a CPAP. (ResMed AirSense 10 with heated tube and nasal pillows)

I've noticed that I have moisture remaining in the hose at the end of the day. droplets and fine mist in the inside of the hoses.

Should I be concerned about that?

RE: Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - Napmeister - 12-13-2016

I've had to lower my machine to just below bed level, water won't get to me. The trick is to get the humidity set to where you are not dry nor wet.

Crank it down tell your throat gets dry and then turn it back up a notch. You'll have to experiment each season until you learn where 'you' need to be, it changes with the weather and environment.

RE: Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - kwhenrykerr - 12-13-2016

I drain and wash mine every couple of days. Then after getting tired of that I dryed out the water tank and never added water after that. No more water in the hose.

RE: Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - Sleeprider - 12-13-2016

Put on a hose cover, problem solved. Moisture will be less likely to condense, and if it does, you won't see it.

RE: Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - Russatrice - 12-13-2016

If you use only distilled water (as you probably do) it shouldn't cause any problems. If it were me, I'd still disconnect and hang up the hose in the morning so it can dry out completely during the day. Literally a matter of seconds.

RE: Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - ac110 - 12-14-2016

My concern was whether moisture in the tube all day would cause problems, rather than just the appearance. Leaving it hung to dry all day doesn't make any difference.

My RT suggested in an email that I set climate to auto and raise the tube temperature, so I'll try that tonight.

Tomorrow's another day!

RE: Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - MitchS - 12-14-2016

(12-14-2016, 06:53 PM)ac110 Wrote: My concern was whether moisture in the tube all day would cause problems, rather than just the appearance. Leaving it hung to dry all day doesn't make any difference.

My RT suggested in an email that I set climate to auto and raise the tube temperature, so I'll try that tonight.

Tomorrow's another day!

You are on the right track. I bought a heated hose and set my machine to auto. I haven't had rain out since.

RE: Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - trish6hundred - 12-14-2016

Hi ac110,

WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - big_dave - 12-16-2016

I don't worry about moisture in the hose unless I put one away for storage. I use a heated hose the cold half of the year, and a standard hose the warm half of the year. A wet hose will mildew if you put it away for months.

RE: Is moisture staying in hoses a problem? - Mr. Van Winkle - 12-16-2016

(12-14-2016, 08:12 PM)pupcamper Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 06:53 PM)ac110 Wrote: My concern was whether moisture in the tube all day would cause problems, rather than just the appearance. Leaving it hung to dry all day doesn't make any difference.

Tomorrow's another day!

You are on the right track. I bought a heated hose and set my machine to auto. I haven't had rain out since.

Same here , auto and heated hose = dry hose Smile
Sleep-well