Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
docs - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: docs (/Thread-docs)

Pages: 1 2

docs - Beej - 12-30-2016

I asked the ENT if he saw anything obstructive in my sinuses. Nope.
So, nothing to be done with those for the apnea.
*sigh*

I wrote the neurologist about the apnea concerns with the lamogitrine. His response was REM sleep is good and continue titrating the dose up.

I wrote the sleep doc and haven't gotten any response; it is a holiday period, so he may be taking time off.

It has been 7 days with the max pressure at 13 cm and last night's AHI was 5.7 on ResScan and 6.42 on SleepyHead. Time to go up another notch, I guess. How much should I increase at one time (the machine does increments of 0.2 cm).

ResScan overview

SleepyHead last night

RE: docs - chill - 12-30-2016

It depends on how much change you can tolerate. Some people find a 0.5 change a lot, some don't notice a 1.0 change.

RE: docs - Beej - 12-30-2016

OK.

Previously, I'd found that sneaking up 0.2 cm at a time was pretty much undetectable from night to night. I hadn't tried a full cm of pressure. I'll see what it does.

And today is the first dose of lamogitrine at 100 mg.

Y'know, it says I'm in REM, but I never (maybe 6 times in decades) remember the dreams.

RE: docs - kwhenrykerr - 12-31-2016

Does your sleepyhead reports show/hint that you are waking during REM sleep ?

I have no trouble changing 2cm at a time. I started with very small changes and worked up to this without problems. But that is just me.

Sleep-well

RE: docs - eseedhouse - 12-31-2016

(12-30-2016, 04:11 PM)Beej Wrote: Y'know, it says I'm in REM, but I never (maybe 6 times in decades) remember the dreams.

Generally dreams while in REM phase of sleep are not remembered unless you wake up while they are in progress.

RE: docs - Beej - 12-31-2016

(12-31-2016, 06:50 AM)kwhenrykerr Wrote: Does your sleepyhead reports show/hint that you are waking during REM sleep ?...

That is when I'll get a run of numerous obstructive apneas, some hypopneas, RERAs, and some centrals, so yes, having some waking even if I don't know it.

RE: docs - Beej - 01-03-2017

Had the SDHC card uploaded at the doc's office. He is of the opinion I should set it back to the original Rx of 7.00 CM with no other levels for a week. He thinks I was doing fine with that before I get the 2nd machine.

He also indicated that setting the pressure too high could suppress the respiratory drive.

RE: docs - kwhenrykerr - 01-03-2017

"could suppress the respiratory drive"

I was told that also. It has not suppressed the respiratory drive. I feel better.

Sleep-well

RE: docs - pholynyk - 01-03-2017

"could suppress the respiratory drive" == might lead to central apneas

Which is why the advice is to raise pressure slowly and check your charts for CAs, because raising pressure is how you eliminate the OAs -- and not everybody is susceptible to CAs with increasing pressure anyway

RE: docs - kwhenrykerr - 01-04-2017

(01-03-2017, 10:02 PM)pholynyk Wrote: "could suppress the respiratory drive" == might lead to central apneas

Which is why the advice is to raise pressure slowly and check your charts for CAs, because raising pressure is how you eliminate the OAs -- and not everybody is susceptible to CAs with increasing pressure anyway

Good point, something to look for with Sleepyhead. Thanks