Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
getting up in the night - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: getting up in the night (/Thread-getting-up-in-the-night)

getting up in the night - snoredog - 01-07-2017

is there a pause setting on the CPAP for when I get up in the night? the software counts it as a disconnect.

RE: getting up in the night - Beej - 01-07-2017

To the best of my knowledge, no, not on the MyAir display for ResMed.
I'd write and complain; if enough of us did, they might change it.

That score they provide is an extremely simplistic approach to assessing use.
(I have a good 2 credits in measurement and statistics)

RE: getting up in the night - Sleeprider - 01-07-2017

Worried about a 99% score? LOL

RE: getting up in the night - Sleeprider - 01-07-2017

Sorry to be flippant. Please download #Sleepyhead, and take a look at the data that matters to your health and sense of rest. MyAir is basically a metric of usage / compliance. The information you need to make decisions about your therapy is found in Sleepyhead. Links in my signature point to how to organize, post and understand the data.

RE: getting up in the night - trish6hundred - 01-07-2017

Hi snoredog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.

RE: getting up in the night - sonicboom - 01-08-2017

snoredog - welcome to the forum. MyAir is extremely simplistic and I wouldn't be concerned with mask on/off scoring unless it were happening many many times per night. The best solution is contained in sleeprider's post above with the links in his signature block.

RE: getting up in the night - Rcgop - 01-08-2017

All of the above. I think they put "mask on/off" as a metric to encourage patients to keep the mask on for as long as possible. It's only worth 5 points maximum.

That score will not help you feel better or even help you sleep. If you subscribe to thes forum, you will get much better and useful information.

RE: getting up in the night - SaldusMiegas - 01-10-2017

Hi snoredog,

if you are new to CPAP therapy, then it's not a bad idea to use both myair and sleepyhead. MyAir will give you the encouragement to keep going and rewards good habits. Sleepyhead will give you the data you need to fine tune your therapy.

Saldus Miegas

RE: getting up in the night - Capt.Redbeard - 01-11-2017

I get up at least once a night and turn my machine off. As long as it is plugged in the internal clock is still running. This is shown on Sleepyhead with no data for those few minutes. When I get back in bed I just turn it back on and continue sleeping. The readouts show me what was happening just before and after my break which can be informative.
Welcome to the forum.