Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
BiPAP quits after 15 minutes of operation - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: BiPAP quits after 15 minutes of operation (/Thread-BiPAP-quits-after-15-minutes-of-operation)

BiPAP quits after 15 minutes of operation - Larryvon - 01-08-2017

Resperonics BiPAP Auto M series...quits after 15 minutes of operation. I did nothing new. Works fine for 15 minutes, when it shuts of I push start and it goes for 15 minutes. fine for 15 minutes. Any suggestions

RE: BiPAP quits after 15 minutes of operation - justMongo - 01-08-2017

How old is it. That's an old series machine. Might be at end of life.
Plenty of good reasons to upgrade -- better algorithms and data capability.

Does it have an external power brick? If so, may be the power brick.
Intake filters -- clean and replaced as per schedule?

RE: BiPAP quits after 15 minutes of operation - Sleeprider - 01-08-2017

M-series 2006-2009. For those keeping track that's 9 years ago.

RE: BiPAP quits after 15 minutes of operation - Larryvon - 01-08-2017

9 years WOW time flies when I am sleeping good. Yes i know upgrade in the works Ins requires new sleep study scheduled for two weeks.

And filter...I i did change it sometime back. and am doing it now. Yup clogged.

9 years ago, got it took it home have used it every day since. Made my life so much better. Never thought about a forum, never went back to a DR. So settings are 9 years old too. Never knew they could be changed. Right, I did not read the directions, still in the plastic bag they came in...I was a younger guy then...directions? Now I read them.

After two days here I am learning a lot! Thank all of you that have gone before me.

Yes I have washed tubing etc every few months and replaced it every couple years. DAH
..Guess that also speaks to DR that set me up and sent me out the door.

RE: BiPAP quits after 15 minutes of operation - Sleeprider - 01-08-2017

I retired my original M-Series Auto just a couple years ago with 19,000 hours. It would be interesting to see what your total is on yours. I used to pull the data off the smartcard and read it in Encore software, so was able to reasonably optimize it. I think you will be surprised how far things have come. Time to study up and learn what you want as a replacement. It's almost a sure bet you will be asked to submit to a new study, but really, that's not necessary. Try to get a copy of your old sleep study if possible, and work with your doctor to renew the prescription. It sure beats sleeping in a clinic. If you have high deductibles, consider buying without insurance...there are better deals.

RE: BiPAP quits after 15 minutes of operation - trish6hundred - 01-09-2017

Hi Larryvon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can get a new machine, the technology is so much better in the newer ones, that's for sure.
Good luck to you and hang in there for more responses to your post.