Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? (/Thread-Why-does-my-pressure-start-increasing-when-I-m-awake)

Pages: 1 2

Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - Ihaveapnea - 01-14-2017

I have my pressure set between 7 and 9, but I've noticed that when I'm lying down awake, my pressure is at 7.8. If I'm awake, why isn't my pressure at 7.0 which is the bottom of the pressure range? I have a Resmed Airsense 10.

RE: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - OpalRose - 01-14-2017

Your Apap doesn't really know if your asleep or awake. It sort of guesses by your breathing pattern.

So, if it raised the pressure while your awake, it's recognizing a change in your breathing. Pressure may also raise due to flow limitation or snores and Rera's.

If you would download #SleepyHead software, you would then be able to look at the time frame you are questioning and determine if you experienced flow limitation, snores, or Rera's.

If your not sure how to interpret the graphs, then upload one here, and someone can take a look.

RE: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - Rcgop - 01-14-2017

I set my ramp to auto and my ramp start pressure to .2cm below my min start pressure. This defeats the ramp function but it won't start raising your pressure until the machine "thinks" your asleep (up to a point). The .2 cm below allows you tell (in sleepyhead) when ramp ends and therapy starts. If you care.

RE: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - Ihaveapnea - 01-14-2017

Thanks, I have sleepyhead and the same machine as you, but Sleepyhead doesn't give me accurate data with my machine. It almost seems like it's not compatible. Are you using a Mac or a PC with Sleepyhead? I suspect that my Mac just isn't compatible.
Thanks, my machine doesn't seem to be compatible with Sleepyhead, as the Sleepyhead data doesn't match my machines stats. My machine also doesn't measure RERAS, but I wish it did. Is there a software other than Sleepyhead I could use?
Thanks, I have sleepyhead and the same machine as you, but Sleepyhead doesn't give me accurate data with my machine. It almost seems like it's not compatible. Are you using a Mac or a PC with Sleepyhead? I suspect that my Mac just isn't compatible.

RE: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - OpalRose - 01-14-2017

ResScan only works with Windows.

Post the problems you are having with SleepyHead in the Software Support Forum.
Someone will be able to help if you can be more specific.

RE: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - Gideon - 01-14-2017

When we are awake most of us have somewhat irregular breathing, This period typically shows what we call SWJ or Sleep Wake Junk. The machine interprets this as events it needs to correct/prevent and raises pressure. When evaluating charts we try to ignore these periods.

RE: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - Ihaveapnea - 01-14-2017

Thanks so much

RE: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - zonk - 01-15-2017

(01-14-2017, 02:44 PM)Ihaveapnea Wrote: I have my pressure set between 7 and 9, but I've noticed that when I'm lying down awake, my pressure is at 7.8. If I'm awake, why isn't my pressure at 7.0 which is the bottom of the pressure range? I have a Resmed Airsense 10.
Which model, your profile doesn't say ...
[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

RE: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - Ihaveapnea - 01-16-2017

(01-14-2017, 09:50 PM)OpalRose Wrote: ResScan only works with Windows.

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely do that. There are such helpful people on here. I wish the real world was like this.
(01-15-2017, 12:48 AM)zonk Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 02:44 PM)Ihaveapnea Wrote: I have my pressure set between 7 and 9, but I've noticed that when I'm lying down awake, my pressure is at 7.8. If I'm awake, why isn't my pressure at 7.0 which is the bottom of the pressure range? I have a Resmed Airsense 10.
Which model, your profile doesn't say ...
[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

Hi, it's an Autoset.
(01-14-2017, 09:50 PM)OpalRose Wrote: ResScan only works with Windows.

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely do that. There are such helpful people on here. I wish the real world was like this.

RE: Why does my pressure start increasing when I'm awake? - Spy Car - 01-17-2017

The ResMed AutoSense 10 AutoSet in conjunction with Sleepyhead software will report RERAs (if you are having them) on the Mac.

I have the same setup.

Bill