Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 (/Thread-RERA-Firmware-on-Airsense-10)

Pages: 1 2

RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - schmatt - 01-15-2017

I have a Resmed Airsense 10 that was originally for my son and purchased back in 2014. I have recently been diagnosed with mild OSA, so I decided to use this machine. However, I have read that the A10's prior to mid 2015 did not have the RERA firmware.

Can they be updated to add RERA event flagging? I talked to my DME and it is like talking to a brick wall. I tried calling Resmed and can't seem to get through to talk to anyone.

The reason I want this flagging is due to the lack of events, but still having unrefreshing sleep. Looking at my sleepy head data, there is definitely flow limitation and plenty of potential arousals, but no flags. Also, my sleep doc does not score RERA's, so I have no idea where I stand with them.

RE: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - TBMx - 01-15-2017

(01-15-2017, 05:56 AM)schmatt Wrote: I have read that the A10's prior to mid 2015 did not have the RERA firmware.

Where have you read that? Last time I checked the Resmed-Website I read that the Autoset for Her(!) is the only machine to score RERAs.

RE: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - schmatt - 01-15-2017

I can't remember, but I think it was on another cpap forum. It stated that the "for Her" model always had RERA flagging. But the standard Autoset added this as of mid 2015. I have also seen screen shots that listed the model of an Airsense 10 Autoset with RERA's flagged.

RE: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - Sleeprider - 01-15-2017

I have been watching the development of the Airsense 10, and have posted several times that the standard model has been updated to report RERA and most recently includes the soft auto algorithm. I can't say precisely what dates those updates ocurred, but I have posted it several times. My wife was recently diagnosed with OSA and dispensed a new Airsense 10, and it has both of these features.

The capability should be in the hardware to do RERA reporting with the latest firmware. It is my understanding few DMEs are equipped to update firmware, so you would need to look around. Another thought is to contact Supplier #27 and ask if they can provide this service. You would need to pay shipping and service costs, and ideally have a standby machine.

RE: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - TBMx - 01-16-2017

thank you very much SleepRider for clearing that up.
My Info came from the german Resmed-Website (just rechecked - it's still there). Let's just hope they forgot to update the german site and we get the new Firmware as well.

RE: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - Sleeprider - 01-16-2017

I think the important take-away is that the "For Her" model is nothing more than a different color plastic around the same machine.

RE: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - sonicboom - 01-16-2017

(01-15-2017, 05:56 AM)schmatt Wrote: Looking at my sleepy head data, there is definitely flow limitation and plenty of potential arousals, but no flags. Also, my sleep doc does not score RERA's, so I have no idea where I stand with them.

If you are having significant flow limitation it is suggestive that your pressure may not be keeping your airway open. You may need to raise your pressure. Post this part of your post on the main board for a broader audience to respond to.

RE: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - schmatt - 01-17-2017

Thanks for the info sleeprider! I will definitely start by asking the local DME's about firmware updates. I can definitely look into the supplier you listed too, if the locals do not pan out.

One more question on this, would I be able to tell if I have the RERA detection by the software version listed in the clinical menu? Or is this something behind the scenes?

RE: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - schmatt - 02-28-2017

Thought I would go ahead and post my experience to tie this one up.

I contacted multiple DME's regarding this issue. Mostly, the answer was, "We have no idea what you are talking about." One of them said that I would have to contact Resmed.

I contacted Resmed. They also stated, "We have no idea what you are talking about. If there is an issue with your machine, you have to go through the DME it was purchased by. They can file a warranty claim."

I went to the DME the machine was purchased through. They said, "We have no idea what you are talking about. Why don't you bring in the machine, and we can check it out." I brought in the machine, and they pulled my SD card to take a look. They stated, "We do not see anything wrong with your machine. It is reporting events. You may need to switch your machine to a wireless setup. You need to have your DME get the machine removed from Resmed's system. Then have them resetup your machine as a wireless machine." Apparently all the new Resmed machines are setup to be controlled and log data wirelessly. They do not ship with SD cards anymore. At least, this is what they told me.

I had the machine transferred over by my new DME. I'm assuming they did this. I'm skeptical this will really change anything. I'm beginning to think that maybe some sensor hardware may have changed, which enabled RERA detection and flagging, which would be why mine will not do it. I'm just giving up on this one. It's really too much of a hassle for something that is probably not that important.

RE: RERA Firmware on Airsense 10 - Sleeprider - 02-28-2017

As I said, ask Supplier #27 if it is possible to update the firmware and gain these features. Updating firmware is not generally a warranty issue, and those guys are very good, and will give you a quote if it is feasible.