Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Smartphone App for sleep diary? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Smartphone App for sleep diary? (/Thread-Smartphone-App-for-sleep-diary)

Smartphone App for sleep diary? - Hydrangea - 01-15-2017

As a newbie, I'd like to keep track of things like which humidity setting, mask, & hose I'm using, my experience with it throughout the night, how I feel upon waking and throughout the day, etc.

Is there a good app you'd recommend for that?

I was thinking of using a paper journal... but then wondered if there's an app for that.

RE: Smartphone App for sleep diary? - Beej - 01-15-2017

Have you done an export from SleepyHead yet? You can send it a csv file which may be opened by Excel or Access.

RE: Smartphone App for sleep diary? - Ockrocket - 01-15-2017

Look up "Diary" in your smartphone app/play store.

There is a plethora of all sorts of diaries available in the Google Play Android app store, you are bound to find something that will suit your needs.

I just found one now that can easily record my moods, what I'm doing at the time, and make notes.

It can track everything and show up patterns of mood and what I'm doing at that particular time, it took me 45 seconds to input my present mood, activity, and record a brief note.... it will help with my depression issues.

Thanks for raising the topic, hopefully you will find an appropriate app (personally my CPAP data is recorded in Sleepyhead, I feel no need to add to that, but my apnoea is managed well, and I only need to stay compliant to my professional driver's licence conditions imposed following a vehicle crash where I fell asleep at the wheel)

Steve

RE: Smartphone App for sleep diary? - Cranberry Ray - 01-16-2017

Welcome Hydrangea to the world of hoseheads. If you make use of Sleepyhead software as recommended by most on this site, there is a tab under the "Daily" view labeled "Notes" that allows for your personal observations for each day. Very helpful to be able to see your results and notes regarding how you felt the next day or what you remember from the night before.

Good luck with your therapy and keep us posted to how it's going.

RE: Smartphone App for sleep diary? - Hydrangea - 01-16-2017

(01-16-2017, 09:44 AM)Cranberry Ray Wrote: Welcome Hydrangea to the world of hoseheads. If you make use of Sleepyhead software as recommended by most on this site, there is a tab under the "Daily" view labeled "Notes" that allows for your personal observations for each day. Very helpful to be able to see your results and notes regarding how you felt the next day or what you remember from the night before.

Good luck with your therapy and keep us posted to how it's going.

OH! No kidding? Okay - that would be better! I'll go take a look!

Okay. I hadn't noticed those tabs. Thanks for pointing them out.

Great! That eliminates my desire for an app, since the notes are integrated with each day's sleep.

Thanks so much!

P.S. For others who may love apps, the one I did find (in my non-exhaustive search) that I thought might work well was SleepMeter. It has spots for Dreams, Sleep Aids, Sleep Hindrances, Tags, and additional notes.

RE: Smartphone App for sleep diary? - Cranberry Ray - 01-16-2017

Hydrangea, most welcome. We're all here to help each other. That's what make this site so great.

(01-16-2017, 11:22 AM)Cranberry Ray Wrote: Hydrangea, most welcome. We're all here to help each other. That's what make this site so great.

Thank you. This forum has been so hugely helpful to me.

When I got my CPAP, the technician showed me its parts, how to change the filters, the power button, and the ramp button... and then we scheduled a follow-up. Such minimal info! Unsure

This forum makes me feel empowered with such a vast depth of wisdom, experience, and support. like

RE: Smartphone App for sleep diary? - fat1 - 01-16-2017

S health on galaxy phones allows for notes, only useful if you are using a smartwatch or band for sleep tracking which is automatically synced to your phone. Can be a useful addendum but I'm not entirely sold on the ROI for this sole purpose.

RE: Smartphone App for sleep diary? - Mosquitobait - 01-17-2017

I found it helpful early on to use the diary in Sleepyhead as you can match the info with your actual data.