Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed] (/Thread-BUG-REPORTS-for-new-forum-software-Thread-Now-Closed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed] - SuperSleeper - 01-17-2017

If you find any issues or bugs with the new forum software, please post them in this thread and I will update this listing with the status of each major bug report.  Even if you're having a minor issue, please go ahead and post the details here in this thread.  If it's something that I can quickly fix, I won't clutter this list of bugs, but instead use this list for major stuff.

When you report a bug, please try to be as detailed as possible, and tell us what you were attempting to do at the time, what happened specifically, and any error messages that you saw on your screen.  Thanks so much for your help!

~ BUG REPORTING THREAD ~
for new forum software

1.   [RESOLVED]  Need to add path to the current thread (eg Apnea Board Forum / Staff Area / Private Files & Links ) at the bottom of the page (like it is at the top of each page).

2.   [RESOLVED]  Reply button now defaults to Reply with quote mode, rather than a simple reply.

3.   [RESOLVED]  The Quote button is really a "Multi-post quote" button.  Buttons functions need to be more intuitive.

4.  [RESOLVED] When clicking on the "Next Newest" link at the bottom of a thread (or other links that lead to the post ID [PID]), it loads the next newest post incorrectly, cutting off the top few lines in the post, so members must scroll up a bit to see the entire post.

5.  [RESOLVED]  Prominent Link to Today's Posts is missing

6.  [RESOLVED] Prominent link to New Posts is missing.

7.  [RESOLVED] Font color hard to read - change to black.

8.  [RESOLVED*] On some smaller mobile devices, when viewing results of a search (and also clicking on the Today's Posts and New Posts links), only threads are displayed, and not the links to new individual posts that are normally to the right of the list of threads.  Using mobile device in horizontal (landscape) mode seems to help on some mobile devices.
*{not entirely resolved, but this can possibly be solved on the member's mobile device, see this post.  If we have other solutions, they will be posted here}

9.  [RESOLVED*] On some mobile devices, when looking at Private Messages (PMs), there seems to be a placeholder for each PM, but the PMs themselves are missing.  *Even though this is now resolved, on some smaller mobile devices, you can't see the directory tree to the left of PMs.  That's because there's no room on such small screens for the directory tree plus the PM list.  The problem can be resolved by simply turning the device in horizontal (landscape) mode.

10.  [RESOLVED*] Forum/Thread emailed subscription notices don't give a preview of the new post/thread.  The text is there saying "Here is an excerpt of the post", but no excerpt is given.
*{The excerpt option in emails has been disabled due to conflicts with other software changes.  So the "Here is an excerpt of the post" language has been removed from the email, so now the email alerts the member to new posts and provides a direct link to the new post, so members must click on the link to see the post (no preview is available in the email itself)}.

11.  [RESOLVED] Some member profile fields were missing from the left side of their posts.  Need to add back the two missing fields.

12.   [RESOLVED]  The default forum post font should be changed from tahoma back to our old font of verdana and the font color should be changed from dark grey to black.

13.   [RESOLVED] When posting a message, the pop-up table of smilies isn't sized correctly.

14.   [RESOLVED] When viewing the forum with a mobile device, the forum is not responsive (does not scale down properly).  This seems to be a new bug that only occurs when a member is logged into the forum, but does not occur when they are logged out and viewing the forum as a guest).

Last edited:  Feb 8, 2017

RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software - Sleeprider - 01-17-2017

[Image: bug1.gif][Image: bug.gif] [Image: bug.gif] [Image: bug.gif]

Standing by.

RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software - DeepBreathing - 01-18-2017

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature... quite a few threads in various forums are highlighted for no apparent reason. This includes all the stickies in the main forum and a lot of normal threads throughout.

EDIT: This is happening on my Galaxy Tab. On Windows 7 running Chrome all looks OK. Likewise OK on an iPad.

RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software - SuperSleeper - 01-18-2017

Paul, if that is a bug, it's a bug with our old software, since you won't be seeing the new software until Friday Jan 20 sometime. Nothing has changed with the old software at all, at least not recently.

Let me know if it's an issue after the move (you'll be able to tell, since our whole theme will be completely different), and it's supposed to be optimized for mobile devices as well.

RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software - Crimson Nape - 01-18-2017

Since Paul is approximately 15 hours ahead of us, maybe he's seeing something in our future. Big Grin

RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software - Homerec130 - 01-18-2017

When I worked tech support many years ago, we could not call it a bug. It was an undocumented feature. Too-funnyToo-funnyToo-funny

RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software - DeepBreathing - 01-19-2017

Quote:Paul, if that is a bug, it's a bug with our old software, since you won't be seeing the new software until Friday Jan 20 sometime.

Hmmm... I thought you must have got a move on and changed things over ahead of schedule. Grin

Apnea Board now on new server with new software - SuperSleeper - 01-20-2017

If you can see this post, the new Apnea Board server and software are now online and operating.

We've updated our forum and wiki software to the newest versions and integrated a new "look" to our forum.  We've also enhanced security for the forum, and the new look should be more compatible with mobile devices.

Many thanks to all those who've contributed towards this server move.  Without you folks, this place could not exist.

Apnea Board is now the most popular sleep apnea forum in the world.  It's you (our members) who have made that possible.

Hope you all like the new look and feel of the forum.

Coffee

RE: Apnea Board now on new server with new software - Galactus - 01-21-2017

It's about time it's back up and running. With DJT taking over stress levels and anxiety is on the rise, I needed my apnea board fix lol. Grats we're up yay!

RE: Apnea Board now on new server with new software - SuperSleeper - 01-21-2017

Yep, I've squashed a lot of bugs, but there's a bunch still roaming around here somewhere...

Hoping you all can find them and let me know if there's any issues.

This has been one LONG day for me.