Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Data Card Read for REMStar Pro C-Flex Auto IQ - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Data Card Read for REMStar Pro C-Flex Auto IQ (/Thread-Data-Card-Read-for-REMStar-Pro-C-Flex-Auto-IQ)

Data Card Read for REMStar Pro C-Flex Auto IQ - HenryECole81 - 01-19-2017

Many thanks to the Apnea Board (AB) for the excellent guidance and dialogue. I wish I had had this in my earlier CPAP ventures.

I am considering recommencing use of my CPAP after several relatively successful years of using a dental sleep appliance. After a new sleep test and titration, I am sure I will have recommendations for a CPAP/APAP and levels. I currently have two older working machines from 2008 and 2011-12. Before ditching these in favor a newer suggested model, I would like to be better informed on what I have, if just for back-up. The 2011-2012 machine is a System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ AutoIQ. It is evidently not an AFLEX as I can see when look at the single pressure setup I accessed through the instruction on this AB site, but does this make it your AB's detested "Brick"? Is there no feedback on pressure level via Auto IQ and what data is collected on the data card? So far I have no software to read this, and am a bit confused on the site's suggestions for the best software with which to collect this.I am assuming that the software wil install on my PC and will access the REMstar card when I put it in the card reader on my PC I have just requested the clinician's manual, via AB email, and perhaps it will give some of this guidance.

Many thanks for guidance. henry

RE: Data Card Read for REMStar Pro C-Flex Auto IQ - HenryECole81 - 01-19-2017

Perhaps the title for this Thread should be: Considerations for System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ AutoIQ.

RE: Data Card Read for REMStar Pro C-Flex Auto IQ - Sleeprider - 01-19-2017

Henry, your machines are probably a M-Series and you have the newer PRS1 50 Series Pro. Although the CPAP Pro has refined over time, it has not change very substantially, and the 50 series is still a good machine that records efficacy data on a SD card and is compatible with #Sleepyhead. The M-Series machines use a SmartCard, and you would need to use Encore software for that. It is functional, but clearly is dated.

I would not hesitate to use either of those as a backup, and the 50 series could serve as a primary machine. The Dreamstation Pro offers nearly identical features, and you have to upgrade to an Auto to get Aflex. The 50 series Pro is NOT a brick. Download #Sleepyhead, install it and it will immediately read any historic data you have on that machine. You can easily access the clinical menu on that machine by turning to the Setup menu and pressing the control knob and ramp button at the same time. Then turn to the Setup menu and press to enter. You will see all of the setup options including pressure, flex and other things. Record the settings, and ask any questions you might have.

If you have an opportunity to upgrade, try to get an auto machine.

Thank you, Sleeeprider. -- Rich info. I am encouraged to possibly start with the 450 machine.

I downloaded the software. Wow, the card contained significant daily detail of useful info from December 2011 to May 2015, when I shifted to the dental appliance. My layman's view of the results suggests that they relatively good over the 6-7 hours per night over the 3 1/2 years, with average AHI around 3-4, lots of daily 1s and 2s and very few daily ones above 5, using a constant pressure of 10. Suggests the 10 may be overkill??

Does the "Auto IQ" do some sort of initial monitoring that could check the pressure levels, understanding that it is not operate as an auto mechanism?

Again Thanks. henry

AutoIQ is discussed in the clinical manual and in several threads on this site. It basically puts your machine into Auto CPAP mode, where it titrates your 90% perssure requirement to limit apnea events. It works pretty good, but it helps to set a range of pressure, for example 7-12 to be evaluated. My opinion is everyone should simply be issued an auto machine. Your needs change from hour to hour and night to night as a result of sleep position, stage and general health. Anyone using auto CPAP sees this. We'd save millions of dollars in this country in sleep study costs if we simply provided auto CPAP and then helped those that experience difficulties.

RE: Data Card Read for REMStar Pro C-Flex Auto IQ - OpalRose - 01-19-2017

Hi HenryECole81,
Here is a breif description of the Auto IQ feature on your machine.

The AutoIQ feature offers up to 30 nights of auto adjusting capability, during which time the system works as an Auto CPAP delivering an adaptive pressure on a breath by breath basis. An Auto-Trial phase must be a minimum of 3 nights in length. After the Auto-Trial period, the system switches to Auto-Check Phase and functions as a CPAP delivering the pressure that the patient was at or below 90% of the time. The Auto-Check Phase continuously verifies pressure requirements and makes adjustments after every 30 hours of use providing the user with more effective pressure levels over time.

Please note: This is not an Auto CPAP Machine. It functions as an Auto CPAP during Auto-Trial Phases and switches to CPAP mode during Auto-Check Phase.

Sleeprider. Thank you for the Auto IQ explanation. I assume the machine will permit more than one auto IQ adjusting trial, so that one could recheck at a later date, or in case it was done before?

Separately, I tried the search function for Auto IQ, but somehow it found only my own references. I suppose that was because the search was to narrow within threads? How do I broaden the reach of such searches across and entire forum, or across fora?

Oops. Perhaps the problem was because I was searching for Auto IQ, not the single word AutoIQ

Again, thanks.

henry

Try this: https://www.google.com/search?q=auto+IQ+site%3Aapneaboard.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

RE: Data Card Read for REMStar Pro C-Flex Auto IQ - trish6hundred - 01-19-2017

Hi HenryECole81,
WELCOME! to the forum..!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.