Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
sleep apnea? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: sleep apnea? (/Thread-sleep-apnea--16413)

sleep apnea? - EssienM - 01-23-2017

Which is the best device to reduce sleep apnea?

RE: sleep apnea? - tuckman - 01-23-2017

Pap therapy is the least invasive and the gold standard.

Outside of that you have asked a question with many variables and different answers for each.

RE: sleep apnea? - EssienM - 01-23-2017

I read that pap therapy will cause nasal congestion and dryness. Is it true?

RE: sleep apnea? - Crimson Nape - 01-23-2017

EssienM,
I would suggest you seek the advice of a physician that specializes in sleep apnea in your area.

RE: sleep apnea? - srlevine1 - 01-24-2017

(01-23-2017, 11:08 PM)EssienM Wrote: Which is the best device to reduce sleep apnea?

Due to the variability of human physiology and comorbidities (other chronic conditions present), there is no answer to the best device (machine) because it depends on the condition being treated. If you are asking if xPAP is better than a dental appliance, etc., this is a question for your pulmonologist, cardiologist, or sleep doctor.

I notice that you are unsure of your machine type and apparently have no monitoring software in use. Therefore, I suggest you find out which machine you have, get a copy of the clinical manual from this forum, and download the #SleepyHead software.

Read some of the posts in the forum to get a general idea of what is happening. Search by your machine type and see what you can learn. Try the software and perhaps post a few graphs for community comment.

I wish you the best of luck and a more restful tomorrow.

RE: sleep apnea? - SuperSleeper - 01-24-2017

EssienM,

If you're having sleep issues of any type, the best thing you do is what Crimson Nape told you - seek out a physician who can properly diagnose and suggest treatment options for you.

You've started 4 threads now with various questions regarding sleep. But you've not told us of any symptoms you have or shared any specific problems with regard to your sleep. But if you post further, please let us know specifically what symptoms you're having and any health problems you have, and perhaps we can point you in the right direction.

If you're having specific symptoms, of course you can post them here, but keep in mind that it's best that you tell those symptoms to your doctor as well.  We can help with basic questions, but we're not doctors here.

Coffee

RE: sleep apnea? - kwhenrykerr - 01-24-2017

Are you on the waiting list to see a sleep doctor ? Is a paid for doctor something you can do without waiting for Gov. system to work ?

RE: sleep apnea? - Galactus - 01-24-2017

Some very dry droll humor to add here; Coffins reduce sleep apnea by 100% guaranteed.

That aside, welcome to the forum, please tell us about the issue so we might help you, we're all here because we share at least one of the same problems.