Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New User Please Help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New User Please Help (/Thread-New-User-Please-Help)

Pages: 1 2

New User Please Help - ricardobocardo - 01-29-2017

[attachment=3135][attachment=3134][attachment=3134][attachment=3134]Hi I'm a new user to this forum, I also just started about a month ago using my CPAP machine, I bought a ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset but have not been able to get a good nights sleep, I'm currently getting help from the person from who I purchased the machine, but with not very good results. I'm using a ResMEd Swift FX Nasal pillows. I have included some screen shots from Sleepy Head that hopefully will make sense to someone here, I would appreciate any help.
Ricardo

RE: New User Please Help - chill - 01-29-2017

Hi Ricardo, and welcome!

I am not sure if your complaint is that you can't get a good night's sleep because you are using the machine, or if using the machine has not resulted in a better night's sleep.  I can take weeks or months (or more for some) to get fully used to the therapy and start to see real improvement.

That said, your events are mostly central apneas and your machine does not treat central apnea.  Have you had a sleep study?  Did it show central apnea?  If it did not show any, then you may have pressure or EPR (expiration pressure relief) induced central apneas (which are distinct from actual idiopathic CA.  Adjustments to reduce EPR or change your pressure may help.  I will defer further advice to someone more familiar with this.  If your sleep test did show central apnea, then you need a different kind of machine.  Often insurance will require you to fail on a CPAP machine before covering these more expensive options.  Your doctor/insurance company/DME should be able to provide the details on this.

RE: New User Please Help - MitchS - 01-29-2017

Welcome to the board, ricardobocardo.

I will let someone more knowledgeable advise you on what your data means. I did notice, before you took it down, you had posted the data from from last night as well. It showed great improvement over the data you have posted now. The AHI of 13.70 was about half of what you have posted now. The clear airway events went down by about the same percentage as well. I would suggest you re-post the data from last night so people who try to help you can compare the two. It will give them a much better understanding on what is going on.

RE: New User Please Help - ricardobocardo - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 03:07 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Welcome to the board, ricardobocardo.

I will let someone more knowledgeable advise you on what your data means. I did notice, before you took it down, you had posted the data from from last night as well. It showed great improvement over the data you have posted now. The AHI of 13.70 was about half of what you have posted now. The clear airway events went down by about the same percentage as well. I would suggest you re-post the data from last night so people who try to help you can compare the two. It will give them a much better understanding on what is going on.

Hi I'm unable to upload more attachments, it says I have reach my limit, is there any other way of attaching them?

(01-29-2017, 03:00 PM)chill Wrote: Hi Ricardo, and welcome!

I am not sure if your complaint is that you can't get a good night's sleep because you are using the machine, or if using the machine has not resulted in a better night's sleep.  I can take weeks or months (or more for some) to get fully used to the therapy and start to see real improvement.

That said, your events are mostly central apneas and your machine does not treat central apnea.  Have you had a sleep study?  Did it show central apnea?  If it did not show any, then you may have pressure or EPR (expiration pressure relief) induced central apneas (which are distinct from actual idiopathic CA.  Adjustments to reduce EPR or change your pressure may help.  I will defer further advice to someone more familiar with this.  If your sleep test did show central apnea, then you need a different kind of machine.  Often insurance will require you to fail on a CPAP machine before covering these more expensive options.  Your doctor/insurance company/DME should be able to provide the details on this.

Hi Chill and Thanks for the response, I did had a Sleep Study and after the results I was instructed to use this machine, I dont know exactly what kind of Apnea was the result of the study, I will try to find out

RE: New User Please Help - Gideon - 01-29-2017

you need 4 posts to open it up, you are currently at 3

RE: New User Please Help - MitchS - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 03:21 PM)ricardobocardo Wrote:

Hi I'm unable to upload more attachments, it says I have reach my limit, is there any other way of attaching them?

Reply to this post and wait a few minutes. You should be able to post links then. Most people use an outside website to post their screenshots on then post a thumbnail with a link on the forum. Here is a good explanation on how to do that on imgur.

(01-29-2017, 03:55 PM)bonjour Wrote: you need 4 posts to open it up, you are currently at 3

Great! i guess this will make my fourth!

(01-29-2017, 03:57 PM)pupcamper Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 03:21 PM)ricardobocardo Wrote:

Reply to this post and wait a few minutes. You should be able to post links then. Most people use an outside website to post their screenshots on then post a thumbnail with a link on the forum. Here is a good explanation on how to do that on imgur.

Here they are hope I got it right!Smile
http://imgur.com/a/IcVvP

RE: New User Please Help - chill - 01-29-2017

A good piece of advice: always ask for (and demand if you need to) a copy of your sleep study results and your prescription.  It is your right to have these and the prescription is needed if you want to use a different supplier.