Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CPAP log help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: CPAP log help (/Thread-CPAP-log-help)

CPAP log help - Cranberry Ray - 01-30-2017

Was hoping to get input on what information will be useful in honing in on feeling great and what makes a difference with my therapy. Have put together the following chart and wondering if I have to much info or not enough. Did I leave off anything that might be useful? I only see myself doing this until I can get my therapy zeroed in.

[Image: zeQ5lmWl.jpg]

Have to admit it is much easier to see how therapy is effected by changes to settings when it is put in a chart. Sorry, just me being anal  Bug-eyed

RE: CPAP log help - Sleeprider - 01-30-2017

Looks like a good system to me, might include median or average pressure. I think I already see a pattern where getting close to 8-hours is the trick. It wouldn't be hard to run a correlation for each parameter with the sum of alertness+fatigue to see which variable or result is most important.

RE: CPAP log help - Cranberry Ray - 01-30-2017

Thanks SR. Saw a post you had earlier about using "average" rather than "median"  and have since changed my sleepyhead charts. Will add a column for the average pressure to my spreadsheet. As much as I don't want to admit it, I agree that the first thing that jumped out was time of sleep. Really hard for me to get 8 hours during the week when working full time and committed to getting to the gym every morning. Will try to figure out a better plan.

Thanks

RE: CPAP log help - Rcgop - 01-30-2017

I did a similar study only I graphed the data and overlaid a trend line to see if the trend is positive or negative. From the beginning the 90% pressure trend line stayed horizontal. Which gave me a good pressure setting. 

Oh, I graphed the data monthly. The trend line was very informative.

RE: CPAP log help - Cranberry Ray - 02-17-2017

(01-30-2017, 11:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks like a good system to me, might include median or average pressure.  I think I already see a pattern where getting close to 8-hours is the trick.  It wouldn't be hard to run a correlation for each parameter with the sum of alertness+fatigue to see which variable or result is most important.

Tom, was hoping you might take a look at my log and see if you can identify anything that I should be doing differently. Overall I would have to say that my therapy has been successful.

Thanks

[Image: 8vk4QYgl.jpg]

RE: CPAP log help - Sleeprider - 02-17-2017

You're getting excellent results, and it's interesting that nights you report feeling best, didn't have the lowest AHI.  Congrats on making this work for you.

Tom

RE: CPAP log help - Cranberry Ray - 02-17-2017

Thanks Tom!

I owe you a cold one some night.

RE: CPAP log help - pholynyk - 02-17-2017

Now all we have to do is fix SH so all but the last 3 columns come out of the CSV export!