Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New Hosehead Here - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New Hosehead Here (/Thread-New-Hosehead-Here)

Pages: 1 2

New Hosehead Here - Ironman - 01-30-2017

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for about a month to learn what I can from all the experienced posters here. I never went in for a sleep study.. I also never went to my doctor about it.. I almost did because I thought I would need an Rx to get a machine. Turns out it wasn't that difficult to find a machine through other means. 

I wanted to get on CPAP because I snore terribly loud. Also, for about the last 8 year so I have woken up in the middle of the night at least 3 times to pee.. sometimes as many as 6. I didn't really know what to think about that except that being an athlete I was very well hydrated. Turns out I read that was a sign of sleep apnea. 

So I purchased a resmed s9 autoset to prevent my snoring and to keep me from waking up. The first night worked like a charm, scored an AHI of 1.5 and only woke up one time to go to the bathroom. Second night was the same but scored a 0.1. Both mornings I noticed improvements immediately. Face not swollen, mood improved, no need for a nap..

SO happy this worked out

Very happy to be here

RE: New Hosehead Here - OpalRose - 01-30-2017

Welcome to Apnea Board!
I'm glad that it is working out for you. Keep us posted and ask questions anytime.

RE: New Hosehead Here - Sleeprider - 01-30-2017

Well done Ironman. Welcome. I think you are in the minority of people that find so much positive benefit so quickly.

RE: New Hosehead Here - chill - 01-30-2017

Welcome IronMan!  I love a great success story!

RE: New Hosehead Here - PollCat - 01-30-2017

Glad to have you heere, Ironman! Just out of curiosity, how did you determine the pressure range?

RE: New Hosehead Here - MitchS - 01-30-2017

Welcome to the forum, Ironman! Congratulations on the good results.

RE: New Hosehead Here - C0mbe - 01-30-2017

Welcome Ironman. You found the right place to be. I am new to this as well, and this forum has been a godsend for information. These folks are awesome.

RE: New Hosehead Here - Ironman - 01-30-2017

(01-30-2017, 05:41 PM)PollCat Wrote: Glad to have you heere, Ironman!  Just out of curiosity, how did you determine the pressure range?

Well I was reading that it seemed most people weren't satisfied with 6 so I put mine at 8.. and then I've read about people getting blown out with too much pressure so I tried 12 and I came back with the max pressure used was 11. So I suppose I got lucky with my picks. I feel that if it ever says it used my max pressure I'll bump it up 1 and go from there.

RE: New Hosehead Here - chill - 01-31-2017

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it!

RE: New Hosehead Here - kwhenrykerr - 01-31-2017

Sleep-well Good for you.