Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP (/Thread-New-DreamStation-Go-portable-PAP)

New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - chill - 01-31-2017

I just noticed this and had not seen it here before.  Phillips claims:

• Half of the size of Philips’ current PAP machines

• Features micro-flexible tubing, designed to minimize bulk and improve mobility while you sleep

• Compact, lightweight and slim profile offers convenience while traveling

• Designed for easy airport screening

• Available rechargeable battery for travel “off the grid”

• Simple touch screen technology and USB port for mobile device charging

• Convenient travel bag accessory available
[Image: device-dreamstation-go.png?1485815757]

RE: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - JinMHK - 01-31-2017

Oooooo, Pretty! Looks like it isn't available quite yet, though. Wonder what the price difference will be for the travel battery for this, or the "regular" DreamStation.

RE: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - C0mbe - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 07:26 PM)JinMHK Wrote: Oooooo, Pretty!  Looks like it isn't available quite yet, though.  Wonder what the price difference will be for the travel battery for this, or the "regular" DreamStation.

It's a very nice machine!  I bet the "available battery" is the current battery from philips.

RE: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - chill - 01-31-2017

I find the "micro-flexible tubing" interesting as the tube and mask take up considerable room when travelling.

RE: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - C0mbe - 01-31-2017

It would be interesting to compare this to the new Resmed Airmini but I don't think there is very much info on that.

RE: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - Sleeprider - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 09:22 PM)C0mbe Wrote: It would be interesting to compare this to the new Resmed Airmini but I don't think there is very much info on that.

It's probably not a coincidence that both companies are coming out with a competitive entry in the travel category.  Just a guess, but I would bet Philips stays with a 12 volt scheme that will be more flexible in non-proprietary batteries and cables vs Resmed, which I expect will retain the 24 volt power and need for their proprietary system.  This could make a huge dollar difference in the full system.  I also wonder if these have external power supplies, and whether they are also down-sized.

RE: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - DeepBreathing - 01-31-2017

I notice the Respironics name is missing. Is this a new trend by Philips to consolidate their branding?

The narrow hose is interesting - it's the hose, mask and power brick which take up the most space when travelling, so any moves to reduce the bulk of these items would be welcome.

RE: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - Cbarrios - 01-31-2017

PAP, as in CPAP and APAP?

RE: New: DreamStation Go portable PAP - Fedman - 01-31-2017

I dunno what the big deal is. Airing will kick butt and fit in your pocket when traveling. No hoses, no masks, no hassle. Just a minor inconvenience due to the fact that they don't have a prototype yet. But hey. Keep sending them money and CPAP will be come obsolete. Give it about 200 years and we'll see that prototype!