Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed S9 End of life Message? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed S9 End of life Message? (/Thread-Resmed-S9-End-of-life-Message)

Pages: 1 2

Resmed S9 End of life Message? - MarkBart - 02-11-2017

I have a Resmed S9 Autoset that on power up gives me the S9 Series on the screen then gives the message:
Error
Settings reset to default values,
Please contact service provider

I can't clear the message so I'm assuming it the end of life message. And if so is the fan motor AC or DC?
I didn't see any labels on the motor itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thank You!

RE: Resmed S9 End of life Message? - justMongo - 02-12-2017

The fan motor is a low inertia rotor with multipole, switched stator windings. 100% electronic control with power FETs switching the stator coils to produce a rotating magnetic field. Sort of like Tesla's AC motors. In truth, it cannot be said to be either a DC or AC motor as you cannot just hook it to an AC or DC source and have it run. It has to have a controller and the switching FETs. That motor changes speed with every breath.

It's not necessarily an EOL message. Could be a defective power brick. (I'd find one to swap in as a first test.)

RE: Resmed S9 End of life Message? - trish6hundred - 02-12-2017

Hi MarkBart,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully you can get your machine working again.

RE: Resmed S9 End of life Message? - Sleeprider - 02-13-2017

How many run hours?

If you have a DME, they can advise on service or replacement. If you are self-financing, check Amazon for the Dreamstaton Auto CPAP. The only affordable repair is the power adapter; anything beyond that will exceed the cost of replacement.

RE: Resmed S9 End of life Message? - MarkBart - 02-13-2017

Hello!
Unknown amount of run hours, I'd say nightly since Feb 2012 when my wife passed away. She didn't like it so never used it.
I took it over because my father had sleep apnea and snored. My sister has sleep apnea, and is on a machine. I'm like my father, I snore bad and have sleep apnea. It is self financed, even at full price it doesn't come even close to my ACA deductible.
Voltage from red to black 24.15Vdc and from white to black 3.22vdc.

Mark, take a look on Amazon for the DreamStation Auto Cpap DSX500T11 . This excellent machine is selling fof $374.99 with a heated humidifier and heated hose...look for the vendor CPAP Sales and Supplies because that one has the complete package. This is an extremely low price and will work great for you.

You are using a Full face mask...have you ever tried nasal pillows?

RE: Resmed S9 End of life Message? - MarkBart - 02-13-2017

Full Face was the only option the wife was offered. I kind of like it, it lets me sleep face down and still breathe.

You need to replace it with the correct size, and new material. I assumed you inherited it. Everyone is different, and nasal pillows are much less bulky than a FFM, and certainly allow sleeping in all positions. A Resmed Airfit P10 is only $65 complete with all 3 cushion sizes. At the very least, you need to replace the full-face cusihion, and probably the entire frame and headgear. Prices are not too high online. You did not indicate the brand and model, so you can replace with the same when you're ready, or try something different.

RE: Resmed S9 End of life Message? - Terry - 02-14-2017

(02-11-2017, 11:02 PM)MarkBart Wrote: I have a Resmed S9 Autoset that on power up gives me the S9 Series on the screen then gives the message:
Error
Settings reset to default values,
Please contact service provider

It may just have a dead battery. I think I read that it's just a CR2032. You might try replacing it, since you're not going to make it any worse. 8-)

RE: Resmed S9 End of life Message? - MarkBart - 02-14-2017

Yes, it's an CR2032. I tried a new battery after 30 minutes with the old battery out. No change. I also tried powering it up with and without the battery, and with all the conceivable buttons held down. Again no change. I cleaned it out and reassembled it, still has error. Looks like I will have to buy a new unit. Heading over to Amazon.
Thank Y'all for the help!
Mark