Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Treated, but... - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Treated, but... (/Thread-Treated-but)

Treated, but... - MrsBrando - 02-15-2017

[attachment=3197] Dont-know
Last night, I was technically treated, but I am so tired I can barely move and I can't stop yawning! What gives?

RE: Treated, but... - Rcgop - 02-15-2017

My chart looks almost exactly like yours. (AHI=3.18) I have just gotten to the point where I am sleeping good. I have had numbers down to zero and still felt tired and numbers 4+ and had a good night sleep. Have patience, it takes time.

Good numbers do not equate to good sleep, however, good sleep equates to feeling better.

RE: Treated, but... - leadslinger - 02-15-2017

as Rcgog said, I had the best night sleep with a flow chart that look like I'd had a nightmare all night and an AHI of 5.6 and yet I've hit 1.3 and felt awefull.

RE: Treated, but... - Sleeprider - 02-15-2017

(02-15-2017, 07:13 AM)MrsBrando Wrote: Dont-know
Last night, I was technically treated, but I am so tired I can barely move and I can't stop yawning! What gives?

I think patience may result in the sleep you are looking for, but if you are game for a little experiment, I have an idea.  Set your machine to CPAP mode at 7.0.  You can use the ramp as you have it now.  Let's see if a quiet night of single pressure is your sweet spot.

RE: Treated, but... - MrsBrando - 02-16-2017

What about the times when the APAP pressure spikes to 10 or more? Don't I need that higher pressure at times?

RE: Treated, but... - Sleeprider - 02-16-2017

Looking for a comfortable pressure that will let you sleep and that minimizes events.  For the night of 2/14, your 95% pressure was 7.5, and I was targeting your 90% pressure, however, if you want to set to CPAP at 7.5 cm, that is okay too.  On your chart, I am starting to see CA appear, so I am more concerned with stabilizing your pressure, rather than just pushing it higher, and mostly I don't want it backing down to 6.0 cm which was your median pressure.  This low pressure is where the majority the events are occurring.  I am also considering trying a lower or no flex setting, but would rather deal with that separately.  

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3197]

RE: Treated, but... - MrsBrando - 02-16-2017

Okay, I'll try it tonight and see what happens. Thanks!

RE: Treated, but... - DeepBreathing - 02-16-2017

MrsBrando, I agree with SleepRider's suggestion. However it's important to allow your treatment to stabilise and not make changes too frequently. Sometimes it takes a week or more for your body to adjust to a new setting. And often we will have random good or bad nights for no apparent reason. If you review and change your settings too frequently you will never achieve a stable teatment regime. We need to look at trends in the data, not individual nights.

I'd almost suggest you make whatever change you need then do not review your numbers for a full week. Instead of looking at the numbers, keep a diary and record how you felt each day.