Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
User Flag #1 & #2 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: User Flag #1 & #2 (/Thread-User-Flag-1-2)

Pages: 1 2

User Flag #1 & #2 - nadprok - 02-16-2017

I wonder if someone would explain to me just what User Flag 1 & 2 mean and how they are are interpreted. I get alot of them, anywhere from 30 to 40 per night. I thought that anything over 10 seconds in the flow rate graph would be shown as an apnea or hypopnea. In the first attachment below I have a UF 1 that lasts 11 seconds and another one for 10 seconds. Why would they not show up as CA's ?

[attachment=3200]

In the second attachment below I have a UF 2 that lasts 13 seconds . Why would that not be recorded as a hypopnea ?

[attachment=3201]

There is obviously something I don't understand about the UF 1 & 2's so I would appreciate it if someone could educate me about them.

RE: User Flag #1 & #2 - Crimson Nape - 02-16-2017

The UF1 and UF2 stand for User Flag with the default being set to Flow Restriction 20% and 50% respectively. These values but may be changed, as well as the length in time. I renamed mine FR20 and FR50 so I could remember what they are.  These are events that are calculated by SleepyHead and not a registered event by the CPAP.  You can have a very low AHI and still feel tired. Reviewing these parameters may show that you are having little disturbances that are causing the tiredness.

They may be turned on/off by File->Preferences->CPAP->Custom CPAP User Event Flagging. To customize the labels, under Preferences->Events, then click on the label to invoke an edit box. This edit feature works on both the Name column and the Label column.

RE: User Flag #1 & #2 - nadprok - 02-16-2017

I still don't quite understand why the UF 1 & 2 in my example would not be recorded as CA's and Hypopnea by CPAP when they are over 10 seconds long. What am I missing in my logic ? Is it that the flow restriction used by CPAP  is not the same as  the 20 and 50% used by Sleepyhead ?

RE: User Flag #1 & #2 - pholynyk - 02-16-2017

One point that may not be obvious is that Flow Restriction 20% (or 50%) means 'restriction down to 20% (or 50%) of prior flow'. This is evident from the fact that (in my charts, at least) UF2 (FR50) shows up much more often than UF1.

I haven't been able to come up with a short name that makes this clear.

RE: User Flag #1 & #2 - Crimson Nape - 02-16-2017

nadprok,

A CA is the absence of breathing without an airway occlusion.   An OA is the absence of breathing caused by an airway occlusion.  A Hypopnea is diminished breathing precipitated by a partially occluded airway.   A Hypopnea can be a precursor to an OA.

RE: User Flag #1 & #2 - mper6794 - 08-18-2019

Hi,

"These values but may be changed, as well as the length in time". Where and how?...went on preferences...did not get.

I would like to flag Flow Limitation (25% resctriction) duration to < 10 seconds. Is this possible? I have been doing this visual counting them in the Flow Rate graph..

many thanks.

RE: User Flag #1 & #2 - pholynyk - 08-18-2019

It is in the CPAP tab of Preferences, near the bottom left - a checkbox for Custom User Event Flag Checking. When you click the box, a larger box becomes visible, which gives you the percentage the breathing is reduced to, and the duration in seconds.

I know it's odd, but the default value for the first one is 20%, and means reduced to 20% of the previous average. You can see this because you will have more of the #2 events than #1.

RE: User Flag #1 & #2 - Sleepy8989 - 08-18-2019

(08-18-2019, 05:14 PM)pholynyk Wrote: It is in the CPAP tab of Preferences, near the bottom left - a checkbox for Custom User Event Flag Checking. When you click the box, a larger box becomes visible, which gives you the percentage the breathing is reduced to, and the duration in seconds.

I know it's odd, but the default value for the first one is 20%, and means reduced to 20% of the previous average. You can see this because you will have more of the #2 events than #1.

Thanks for the information.  I turned it on.  However, when I close and restart OSCAR, they are off.  They box is still checked to have them on, but they no longer show.  The only way to get them to show back up is to turn them off, click OK, and then turn them back on.

RE: User Flag #1 & #2 - mper6794 - 08-18-2019

Thanks  great.... worked ....I' got them now! I think is going to be useful for me!

RE: User Flag #1 & #2 - Sleepy8989 - 08-18-2019

(08-18-2019, 08:14 PM)mper6794 Wrote: Thanks  great.... worked ....I' got them now! I think is going to be useful for me!

Are the settings staying on for you?  My are turning off when I close and reopen Oscar.