Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) (/Thread-sleepyhead-Airsense-10-summary-data-only)

Pages: 1 2

sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) - JohnnyGobbs - 02-18-2017

Just bought an hdsc sd card for my Airsense 10 and downloaded sleepyhead for my mac. I put the sd card in the resmed and I get "preparing sd card do not remove" and then no other follow up messages. I took it out and imported it to sleepyhead for mac and I only get summary data. Whats going on and what's the remedy? Thx!

RE: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) - JohnnyGobbs - 02-18-2017

Is it cause I didnt have the sd in my machine during sleeping over night yet that it doesn't have full data saved on the machine to transfer to the card? Not sure exactly how it works. Thx.

RE: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) - Crimson Nape - 02-18-2017

The typical sequence of events are: After inserting, you will get a message "Formatting - Do not remove." (I can't remember the exact verbiage) then, when it's finished, your normal menu will be displayed.  You will have to have at least one night's sleep session on it before it will contain any detailed information.

RE: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) - Melman - 02-18-2017

Have you run your CPAP with the SD card in it? I believe it only records summary data from sessions without a card in place. I have an airsense 10 also which came without an SD card. I used it for a week or so with no SD card. Then I downloaded SleepyHead and got an SD card. The next day, I had detailed graphs for the previous night (with SD card in place) but only summary data for the previous week.

I think you will find that after running it tonight with the SD card you will have detailed data for tonight's session.

RE: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) - JohnnyGobbs - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 04:42 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The typical sequence of events are: After inserting, you will get a message "Formatting - Do not remove." (I can't remember the exact verbiage) then, when it's finished, your normal menu will be displayed.  You will have to have at least one night's sleep session on it before it will contain any detailed information.

Okay that explains the "summary only" I guess then. The message was "preparing SD card do not remove or turn off", then back to menu. So after a night it will start to record full data? 

So do you guys just take it out every day and put it in your computer and then back into the resmed machine at night and so on? Is that the protocol?

(02-18-2017, 05:04 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: So do you guys just take it out every day and put it in your computer and then back into the resmed machine at night and so on? Is that the protocol?

Yes, with one addition; write protect the card by sliding the tab to the lock position before putting it in your computer and then be sure to unlock it before putting it back in your CPAP.

RE: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) - Beej - 02-18-2017

Do you need to adjust settings in the clinician menu to get the full data recorded?

RE: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) - C0mbe - 02-18-2017

I thought I read somewhere on Apnea Board that Resmed devices oy retain summary data when no SD card is inserted, and they record full data + summary data when the SD card is inserted. Inserting a new card would only get you previous summary data, and full data on nights recorded after you started using the SD card.

(02-18-2017, 05:50 PM)C0mbe Wrote: I thought I read somewhere on Apnea Board that Resmed devices oy retain summary data when no SD card is inserted, and they record full data + summary data when the SD card is inserted.  Inserting a new card would only get you previous summary data, and full data on nights recorded after you started using the SD card.

That's correct. That's exactly what I experienced with mine after getting the SD card after I had been using it for a week or so.

There is no need to access the clinician menu to get a full data record. I didn't learn how to access the clinician menu until after I was already seeing full data reports.

RE: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only) - Crimson Nape - 02-18-2017

(02-18-2017, 05:04 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: So do you guys just take it out every day and put it in your computer and then back into the resmed machine at night and so on? Is that the protocol?

You might consider investing in a Toshiba FlashAir WiFi SD card to avoid the wear and tear on the SD card slot. This allows for data backup as well as forgetting to replace the card back in the CPAP or having a write protect problem.  Any size will work but the 16Gb seems to be the best value around here.