Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] ResMed S9 data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] ResMed S9 data (/Thread-Equipment-ResMed-S9-data)

ResMed S9 data - chevyguy2012 - 08-22-2012

Hi-
Tried the ResMed software ver. 4.01. For first time. When i put the SD card back into the machine, it had zero data on it.

What?? I didn't do anything just downloaded the data, no where did it ask to delete data or anything.

How can i get the data onto the SD card for the DME poeple (spyies)??

thank Phil

RE: ResMed S9 data - zonk - 08-22-2012

Its your machine. S9 Escape is non data capable machine, It only provide compliance data how many hours you,re using the machine. You need the S9 AutoSet or S9 Elite . No Escape in the name just like No Plus in the name of PRS1 machines.

RE: ResMed S9 data - SuperSleeper - 08-22-2012

Yep, Zonk is right... unfortunately you have what we affectionately call a "brick" (in other words a non-data capable CPAP machine that does nothing other than report the hours of use.

Bummer. Oh-jeez

If the machine is new, I'd take it back to the DME (Durable Medical Equipment) supplier and ask for a data-capable CPAP like the S9 AutoSet or the S9 Elite, or the PR System One REMstar Auto or PR System One REMstar Pro.

RE: ResMed S9 data - trish6hundred - 08-22-2012

Hi chevyguy2012, WELCOME! to the forum.! I'm not sure of the answer to your question but hang in there for more suggestions. Best of luck to you.

RE: ResMed S9 data - chevyguy2012 - 08-24-2012

Hi-
I am in the process of trying to change the machine. The DME says that I need a new perscription and a letter for the ENT Dr. that states the medical need!!! We will see what happens- the DR. is on board.

I hope for the best- but expect less.

phil

RE: ResMed S9 data - zonk - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 03:01 PM)chevyguy2012 Wrote: Hi-
I am in the process of trying to change the machine. The DME says that I need a new perscription and a letter for the ENT Dr. that states the medical need!!! We will see what happens- the DR. is on board.

I hope for the best- but expect less.

phil
I have not heard this one ...new prescription for medical needs
Anyway ask the doc to write data capable machine and specify the type of the machine...for example S9 AutoSet (preferably) and dispense as written. So the DME is under legal obligation to give you whats written on the prescription as the doc ordered. Good luck.

RE: ResMed S9 data - PaulaO2 - 08-24-2012

What Zonk said.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

RE: ResMed S9 data - Dawei - 08-24-2012

Phil--I am aware of the need for the doc to authorize a switch to an AutoSet machine. Here's a possible approach to get that accomplished. Suggest to your doc that he let you have an autoset on a loner basis to try it out and to see if it helps get your AHI down and hold it there. That's in essence what I did. The doc agreed, telling me that he would have to set the pressure range. I had no problem with that. So, I got an Autoset from my DME as a loaner with the authorization of my doc. Later, when the loaner demonstrated that it did a better and more accurate job of setting pressures I needed (contrary to the sleep study results), the doc gave me the OK to trading my loaner for my own Autoset on a permanent basis. This might work for you too.

RE: ResMed S9 data - archangle - 08-24-2012

Specifying the need to record leak data may help.

S9 Escape and Escape Auto do not record leak data.