Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
FlashPAP / SleepMaster - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: FlashPAP / SleepMaster (/Thread-FlashPAP-SleepMaster)

Pages: 1 2

FlashPAP / SleepMaster - FancyPants - 02-23-2017

Looking for assistance please

I need some help configuring either FlashPAP or SleepMaster.  I have downloaded both but can get either working in conjunction with a FlashAir SD card on a Mac 

Using a Class 10 FlashAir SD card

RE: FlashPAP / SleepMaster - FancyPants - 02-26-2017

Done successfully after a few false starts
I'm now writing up the Mac instructions and will post later this week

RE: FlashPAP / SleepMaster - SuperSleeper - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 06:24 PM)FancyPants Wrote: Done successfully after a few false starts

Cool.  I'm sure that will be helpful to Mac folks.

Thanks

Coffee

RE: FlashPAP / SleepMaster - Deek - 05-20-2017

(02-26-2017, 06:24 PM)FancyPants Wrote: Done successfully after a few false starts

FancyPants --

I am having the same problem you first posted about.  Can you post the Mac instructions you mentioned?  I have ordered FlashAir III and would like to use it with SleepyHead or SleepMaster.

Thanks.

Deek Dreaming

RE: FlashPAP / SleepMaster - Jack_Russell_Fan - 05-20-2017

Instructions for setting up Sleep Master are on the website:   http://www.sleepmaster.org/sleep-master-install.html

Tom

Coffee

RE: FlashPAP / SleepMaster - st8800 - 06-15-2017

May I check if the Sleepmaster is compatible with MAC OS sierra v10.12? I got the Toshiba AirDrive w03 and try to install but couldn't set it up. Saw this on Toshiba's website:

"Currently, it is confirmed that FlashAir™ drive is not available with macOS 10.12 (Sierra). Please wait until the malfunction is modified."

RE: FlashPAP / SleepMaster - Crimson Nape - 06-15-2017

Was this directed at both modes of the Flashair?   Generally if the Flashair is in Station mode, it is almost the same as connecting to another computer.   The AP mode might be another story since it requires a direct secure communication negotiation between the PC and Flashair.   Which communication mode are you wishing to employ?  Both SleepMaster and FlashPAP are programmed in Java.   Do you have problems using Java?

.  .  .  . I'm just full of questions today.  Big Grin

RE: FlashPAP / SleepMaster - st8800 - 06-15-2017

Yes, I am talking about just Flashair alone. Actually I am not very sure what mode it is in... just went through the setup procedures following the Flashair setup. Then I was stuck halfway through the setup because of Flashair Drive incompatibility with the latest MAC OS. I remember keying in a password for wifi access. How do I check the mode I am in?

I only realized that Sleepmaster can be used to setup the Flashair as well after reading up the first Sleepmaster thread. Will try that tomorrow when I have time.

RE: FlashPAP / SleepMaster - personal111 - 06-15-2017

Ooooohhh Oooooooohhh! Oooooooooooooohhh! (Hand waving in air furiously!!!)

Please do tell what kind of range you can get!
I would love it if it can make the jump to my office and not have to pull the card out constantly.
I was thinking about getting one too.

Thank you  Smile

RE: FlashPAP / SleepMaster - AlanE - 06-19-2017

The wifi antenna is on the circuit board of the SDcard. The range depends on your wifi router and what is between your wifi router and your cpap machine (walls, floors). In order to work well without frequent drop outs that require you to cycle the card, you're looking at anything less than 50'. You may be able to go further than that. I used to have my router next to my TV in a room that was about 45' away from the cpap machine and it worked OK until I turned on my TV. Since moving it closer to my cpap (About 20' away now) it hasn't given me any trouble.