Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Memory card error - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Memory card error (/Thread-Memory-card-error)

Pages: 1 2

Memory card error - Apnea_GM - 02-23-2017

Memory card problems- I have a generic SD memory card and the apap will not write to or read the card. Any idea the memory card should be formatted as? Fat16 / Fat32 From everything I read a generic memory card should work fine. The error I keep receiving when I nsert the memory card into the apap is that the card is corrupt. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Memory card error - MitchS - 02-23-2017

Fat 32.

RE: Memory card error - Apnea_GM - 02-24-2017

(02-23-2017, 06:50 AM)pupcamper Wrote: Fat 32.

Formatted fat32 same error as before apap tries to read it and says it is corrupt reformat? I say yes and it still comes back and says it is corrupt reinsert...

I have reinserted tried again rebooted the machine with the sequence also 

Any ideas to try next?

RE: Memory card error - TBMx - 02-24-2017

... the problem could be with the blocksize .... according to the manual I found for the machine in your profile your machine should be able to format the card itself.

maybe the card is just broken? ... try another one^^ (use an old card from a smartphone with the SD-adapter .. should work fine)

RE: Memory card error - Crimson Nape - 02-24-2017

I sounds if either the card or card reader is going bad. Do you have access to an extra card and a different reader in order to test this?

RE: Memory card error - Apnea_GM - 02-24-2017

Card works fine in a computer ordered another card to troubleshoot.

Thanks for the replies.

RE: Memory card error - Crimson Nape - 02-24-2017

Did you try formatting it to a FAT16? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it used a FAT16. At this point it couldn't hurt to try.

RE: Memory card error - MitchS - 02-24-2017

(02-24-2017, 08:48 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Did you try formatting it to a FAT16?  I seem to remember reading somewhere that it used a FAT16.  At this point it couldn't hurt to try.

I think Crimson neck is onto something here. I based my response on an internet search. Out of curiosity, I checked my DreamStation sd card. It is formatted fat 16.

RE: Memory card error - TBMx - 02-25-2017

(02-24-2017, 02:36 PM)pupcamper Wrote: I think Crimson neck is onto something here. I based my response on an internet search. Out of curiosity, I checked my DreamStation sd card. It is formatted fat 16.

could you please check the clustersize of that working card?

open up a command prompt "cmd.exe" and there type (or paste):
fsutil fsinfo sectorinfo x:

x is the drive-letter of your SD-card.

Than Apnea_GM should use that value during the format instead of the "standard size".

RE: Memory card error - MitchS - 02-25-2017

(02-25-2017, 05:23 AM)TBMx Wrote: could you please check the clustersize of that working card?

open up a command prompt "cmd.exe" and there type (or paste):
fsutil fsinfo sectorinfo x:

x is the drive-letter of your SD-card.

Than Apnea_GM should use that value during the format instead of the "standard size".