Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Advice on a mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Advice on a mask (/Thread-Advice-on-a-mask)

Advice on a mask - Ranubis - 02-23-2017

I have two problems, I am a mouth breather AND a very restless sleeper. On those very rare occasions I sleep through the night with the mask on I feel so much more relived and rested, but those are few and far between. I'm looking for suggestion for a mask that will work with both my problems. I am currently using a hybrid, but again more often then not the seal gets broke when I'm on my back.

RE: Advice on a mask - HL649 - 02-23-2017

I am also a very restless sleeper.  I have a bad hip and shoulder which causes me to roll a lot during sleep.  I have found that nasal pillows and a chin strap work best for me.  They are very resilient to dislodging when I roll around.  I have read quite a few threads where people use a cervical neck collar instead of a chin strap; this sounds like it should work but I haven't tried it yet...it's on my list though.

RE: Advice on a mask - Melman - 02-23-2017

I've tried a number of full face masks over the past 10 years. Most irritate the bridge of my vose to the point that I need to quit wearing them. I have found the Quattro FX to be very comfortable and to have minimal leak problems in spite of the fact that a change fro side to side and to my back several times a night. I'm currently trying the Amara View. It is the smallest, since it fits under rather than over the nose. I think, however, the Amara View is more prone to leaks. I need a little more time with the comparison.

RE: Advice on a mask - Donvito - 02-23-2017

ResMed AirFit F10 Full Face CPAP Mask 

This is the one I use and like it very much

RE: Advice on a mask - trish6hundred - 02-23-2017

Hi Ranubis,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use the Fisher and Paykel, (F&P,) Simplus full-face mask and like it very much, for me, it has been the best mask I have tried, and I have tried many masks. Masks are such an individual thing, it's trial and error.
Good luck to you in finding a mask and also with your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

RE: Advice on a mask - Ranubis - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 10:56 AM)Melman Wrote: I've tried a number of full face masks over the past 10 years. Most irritate the bridge of my vose to the point that I need to quit wearing them. I have found the Quattro FX to be very comfortable and to have minimal leak problems in spite of the fact that a change fro side to side and to my back several times a night. I'm currently trying the Amara View. It is the smallest, since it fits under rather than over the nose. I think, however, the Amara View is more prone to leaks. I need a little more time with the comparison.

The Amara View is the mask I am currently using, it is terrible once I roll on my back, leaks are unbelievable. If you're a side sleeper I highly recomend it.

RE: Advice on a mask - Ghost1958 - 02-24-2017

2nd the Simplus ffm. Easy on the nose, seals well, good in any position.

I'm currently using a nuance but like the Dreamwear I dispise the poorly designed straps that won't stay put.

Love the Eson but for some reason after a yr its causes my skin to turn red and rashy over a large area of my face so I can't use it.